Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozoDOP2 Posts: 112, Reputation: 0

May 16, 2010, 01:49 PM
    I have extreme dandruff, should I use Homeremedies or Expensive Dandruff shampoos?
    Nothing has worked.
    I just bought a new supoosedly extra strength shampoo but I'm not sure...
    WOuld that be better than home remedies like Listerinne, etc?

It gets expensive buying these shampooss.. but then, the remedies also require money
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2010, 01:51 PM

Regular washing with normal shampoo should be enough, if not, ask your doctor, in one of the 100 other medical illness you have that you see a doctor about.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2010, 02:28 PM

Listerine?? I've never heard of that as a home remedy for dandruff. I imagine that would dry your skin out and make it worse. Where did you learn that from?

Like chuck said, regular washing should be enough. I use tea tree shampoo and conditioner. If that isn't enough, I'll add a little extra tea tree oil and that does the trick.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2010, 02:31 PM

Or heck shave your head,
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 16, 2010, 06:23 PM

Come on guys.

DHS Zinc is fantastic. Amazon.com: DHS Zinc Shampoo 14 fl oz.: Beauty

For really stubborn oil, use a mix of 1/3 Cepecol mouthwash, 1/3 witch hazel and 1/3 water.

Actually, premix the Cepecol and With Hazel to a 1:1 ratio. Then add 2/3 of the mix to 1/3 warm water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will extreme dandruff with no solution, stop me from ever getting a girlfriend? [ 2 Answers ]

Seriously my head is nasty. I have flakes all the time, even though I use dandruff shampoo. And I have a habit of always scratching and looking at the flakes fall down. There's millions and it doesn't stop. Anyway, I've tried everything nothing works.

Bad Dandruff! [ 4 Answers ]

I have extremely bad dandruff and I cannot use any shampoo/conditioner other than Selsun Blue or Head and Shoulders without getting dandruff. Recently its become worse and the shampoo I'm using is not helping much. I shower regularly at least once every 2 days to once a day. Any suggestions on...

Dandruff [ 3 Answers ]

A blonde is at the hairdressers chatting to the stylist. "My boyfriend has bad dandruff" she says. The stylist says "Give him head and shoulders." The blonde goes quiet. After a few minutes of deep thought she says.. . "How do I give him shoulders?"

Dandruff ? [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know why my brother's dog would have white flakes(that look like dandruff) running through his black fur?

Got dandruff [ 10 Answers ]

Hi! Can anybody tell me some remedy for.. I got a lot of dandruff in my hairs plus in scalp too... my hair are dry... please tell me something that helpss... thanx

View more questions Search