Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 16, 2010, 06:08 AM
    Noisey toilets
    Have one toilet where the pipes in the wall occasionally start to clank once it is flushed. This sometimes stops fairly soon, other times continues for awhile. Flushing the toilet in the other bathroom, which is behind the first, usually puts an end to the clanking in the wall. Hubby first thought it was from the cold? But now it is quite warm and it continues.

Both toilets/tanks make a hissing or vibrating sound once flushed and take awhile to refill. Both are only about 3 years old. Any thoughts? :)
    CHayn Posts: 177, Reputation: 10

May 16, 2010, 06:15 AM

Most likely you need to change your fill valves. On most toilets the Fluidmaster 400 is a good replacement. I also recommend a new supply tube at the same time.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2010, 06:30 AM

When installed, did u remove the cap on top of filler to clean out debris in water line. While open check washer for any defects.

Before removing cap shut off water supply. Remove cap, holding a bowl over filler turn water on and let flow for about 1 minute. Shut off water supply and reinstall cap. Turn supply on.

Let us know if this helps. If not may have to replace filler.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have two toilets in my house. Recently both toilets have stopped fininshing flush [ 1 Answers ]

I have two toilets in my house and recently both have stopped flushing completely. Flush starts fine, but at end of flush toilets power seems to stall out. This system is on city sewer service, and until past week or so both toilets were fine. Now I am forced to flush toilets up to three times to...

Noisey pipes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, Hope someone can help! On Monday my pipes in the ceiling above my living room (my bedroom floor), started groaning and a slight banging, this noise sounds like dragging furniture on a wooden floor ending with a bang! It was happening once an hour or so and now is getting louder and every...

How to soundproof noisey pipes? [ 1 Answers ]

HELP!! The flat above has some new tenants, they have a shower at 5.30am - it wakes me up every week day. Walking around like a zombie! What sound proofing options are available? I live in the Victorian converted property. The conversation was done in 1970. I am on the first floor....

Noisey male cat [ 1 Answers ]

This six year old is fixed, and still very kitten like. Lately, he has started howling at about 3 am downstairs/ window shades closed, while the rest of the house sleeps. He has become very vocal, even when I call him up from downstairs and he jumps on the bed. He doesn't appear to be ill-...

Noisey shower [ 2 Answers ]

I have an interior wall that separates a bath and a bedroom. When the shower is used, it is very noisey. Noise is most intense from behind the shower head in the wall . It is a very common water pressure sound. How can I insulate this noise from the bedroom, since I currently have the wall opened...

View more questions Search