Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2010, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    No need to dance or tap. Just knock on the door. knowing how you hate to read references from the Catholic encyclopedia – as they say in these parts, I brung it to you
    I read it before I had posted, sweet Joe, and know whereof I speak (I do my homework). It was a decision of the Council of Nicea and the Church Fathers, not from Bible verses.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2010, 09:45 PM

Joet,
    Thank you much for that information.
    I'm glad you went farther than others to show that James was also talking about saving the soul.
    Praise God for the grace of His many sacraments.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2010, 09:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    I'm glad you went farther than others to show that James was also talking about saving the soul.
    That's not the point under discussion, Fred. I have no argument with that, and totally agree, as would anyone else here.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2010, 10:13 PM
    Wondergirl,
    It was a part of the point to me and always will be for I do believe that the saving ones soul is very important.
    I'm glad that you have no argument with that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Pastor4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2016, 12:24 AM
    Sinful man can not forgive sin. Sin is forgiven only by: If you confess wwith your mouth the Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. This is a one time activity and not needed upon ones death bed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bible passages [ 17 Answers ]

Hello Christians: I read lots of the religious threads, but my mind goes numb when you start quoting scriptures. Now, I don't know, but, it seems to me, that if you look hard enough, you can find scriptures that will validate ANY position the poster wants to take. My question is, after all...

In ca want to know about giving up parental rites [ 3 Answers ]

I live in California and would like to know if there's a legal way to give up parental rites to a child to its mother. Both the mother and I agree its in the best interest of the child. She wants no part of me in her's or the child's life and I will not pursue her or the child.

Understanding bible passages [ 3 Answers ]

The bible passage Matthew22:37-40. What does it mean?

Bible passages [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all, My loving father is losing his battle against an internal, quickly-spreading melanoma complicated by a recent stroke. We've been told he has maybe 6 weeks to live. His Catholic faith is helping him somewhat. Dad is 85 & an 'old school' Catholic. I'd like to read him suitable...

View more questions Search