Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cindywang0905 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2010, 09:04 PM
    Does it mean that he wants me back?
    My exboyfriend and I dated for a month only then he broke up with me. I chose not to stay friends.Then few days ago he texted me asking me if we can stay friends. We got a chance to talk on msn and the next day we met. We hugged and kissed but he didn't say anything to me. He bumped into his friend on street and he told me to hide:mad:. What does he mean? Does he want me back or what?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 15, 2010, 09:19 PM
    I'm guessing you know what 99% of us here are going to tell you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 16, 2010, 07:07 AM

How old are you??
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

May 16, 2010, 10:01 PM

Why on earth would he tell you to hide?

Only a month in and he broke up with you? Now he wants to be back together, but doesn't what his friend to see? Sounds to me like he is using you as an option.

Edit: I Just noticed you already have an open thread there: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...ck-471012.html

Please don't open multiple threads for the same question/topic.
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

May 16, 2010, 10:10 PM

He doesn't want you back, if he wanted you back he wouldn't hide you from his friends.

And ex and I broke up after only a month and a half and the first time we hung out after the breakup we hugged and kissed.. I feel it happened because it was something we were use to when seeing each other.

I say forget about this guy and move on. If he is hiding you while you guys are just friends... there really is a problem.

May 16, 2010, 10:26 PM

Yeah can admin delete the other post please? Because I have no idea how come it's under the teen topic. Sorry for the doubling posting. Thought the thread will be more viewed in this section
    Expert

May 17, 2010, 06:34 AM

Are you a teen? Are you in school? How old are you? It was moved to give you age appropriate advice.

Hugging and kissing is fine, but you need to ask him your questions to get answers. That's my advice. Talk to him and find out what's on his mind.

May 17, 2010, 09:58 PM

I am not a teen. I am 20+
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2010, 11:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cindywang0905 View Post
    i am not a teen. i am 20+
    Hi Cindy

I would say because you originally posted in the Teens section that's where it was moved to.

We will get it moved back to Relationships for you.
    Showme_urmove Posts: 319, Reputation: 101

May 17, 2010, 11:52 PM

Hey cindywang!
    I was kind of in the same dilemma as you, but me and my ex dated for 2 months then she wanted move in and broke up on our anniversary.
    She wanted to be friends, I took everyone's advice and did no contact cause it hurts just to talk to her. And she txted me saying she misses me and all that BS, she said why am I not fighting for her and all that Cr*&p. I just stopped all contact with her, realizing things were not going to get better, and things are not going to change even though we get back together.
    She was using me to fill the void of emptiness she has inside. And what your ex is doing is the same thing, He miss having someone there to talk to and kiss, but doesn't want to do anything with you but just that. Just for him to hope that you will do friends of benefit.
    Only a month woow just move on with your life and enjoy that his only a history, his not worth it and you deserve someone better. Trust me on this we all deserve someone better.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 18, 2010, 07:06 AM
    Sounds like he just wants some action, i.e. friends with benefits, booty call.

If he wanted to pursue a more serious relationship, he would let you know and not lead you on like that.

But to be sure, why not just ask him to clarify?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2010, 08:30 AM

No way that he's wanting back with you. Sounds like he wants to be friends with benefits to me.

I'd cut it off right now. Any man that tells you to hide so no one sees him talking to you is a jerk.
    Expert

May 18, 2010, 09:57 AM

Since you older than teens, he wants you as his secret thing, and that's something to be wary of as he may have another that his friends know about.

Either way run fast from him, and his buddies

May 18, 2010, 02:06 PM

Yeah I agree with you guys too. But the thing is, I never have sex with him and he knows I am not going to have sex with him because I am still a virgin. So does he still want to be friends with benefit?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 18, 2010, 02:17 PM
    Friends with benefits doesn't have to only include sex. If he only wants to kiss and make out with you, without the label of boyfriend and girlfriend, isn't that friends with benefits?

Bottom line is, if you want something, don't settle for less. If you want a serious relationship, then ask for one. If he can't provide it, then walk away.

May 18, 2010, 07:18 PM
    He said he always has a shield up to protect himself. So I always keep silent with the things I am not happy with, I don't want to hurt him or bother him. But then I am unhappy
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2010, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cindywang0905 View Post
    he said he always has a shield up to protect himself. So I always keep silent with the things i am not happy with, i dont want to hurt him or bother him. but then i am unhappy
    Not your problem anymore , remember he's your Ex so you don't hold any responsibility for his feelings , he certainly doesn't seem to care about yours.

Bottom line is he doesn't want to be with you but he's quite happy for you to be hanging on with some hope that he may want you back. That does you no good and just stops you from starting to heal and get on with your life without him.
    Expert

May 18, 2010, 07:31 PM

Your unhappy because you want to believe he cares, but deep down, you know he doesn't.

Leave him alone or have your feelings used against you because he KNOWS you care, and may be weak for him. You have proven that by your past actions.

May 19, 2010, 07:15 PM

I am meeting up with this guy to clear up everything. Anyone can suggest me what to tell him?:S
    Expert

May 19, 2010, 07:27 PM

Good bye!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Can the IRS keep my back pay for Social Security Disability If I owe back taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I owe back federal taxes of approximately $13,000.00. I have a back payment of approximately $20.000.00 coming from Social Security Disability. How much money will the IRS keep of this money if any, and will they notify me before hand

Toilet leaking around base, back up into tub when flush, kitchen sink back up [ 3 Answers ]

Seem like everything is back up. Recently I've been having issue with my plumbing all around. The toilet seems to be backing up into the tub and is leaking around the base. I could hear water bubble sound coming up the toilet when I try to run water down the tub. As for the kitchen sink it seems to...

Issue with hot water & pressure for 2 back to back shower units. [ 0 Answers ]

We have 2 levels in the house with 2 water heaters. Hot water & pressure is fine to the entire house (including the upstairs bathroom sinks), however, recently we lost both hot water & pressure to the 2 upstairs showers.

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

View more questions Search