Ask
    rfountain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 02:45 PM
    Well pump
    How do you prime a well pump?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 6, 2006, 04:10 PM
    Pumps have a threaded plug on top of the impeller housing. Fill with water to the top, replace the plug and turn the pump back on. If the impeller housing won't hold water then you have a bad check valve that must be replaced before the pump will not hold prime. Regards, tom
    rfountain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2006, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Pumps have a threaded plug on top of the impeller housing. Fill with water to the top, replace the plug and turn the pump back on. If the impeller housing won't hold water then you have a bad check valve that must be replaced before the pump will not hold prime. Regards, tom
    Thank you, I got the pump back on if I can ever help you just let me know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump [ 3 Answers ]

Replaced the contactor on heat pump as it was bad. It worked for several hours and now will not pull in. I have 24 v at contactor when I checked it. What would cause it to quit pulling in? Could a weak transformer cuasing this or what am I missing?

Sump pump [ 2 Answers ]

When it rains my sump pump works ,but there is a bab smell??

Pump Problem [ 10 Answers ]

Dcobb New member join date: jun 2006 Posts: 0 Wellsaver tank -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi speedball1 i have a question for you. I have a well saver 56 gallon pump tank and i'm having some trouble. It's hooked to a one horse...

Well pump [ 2 Answers ]

Today I had to repair a copper water pipe in my basement and had to shut off the well and water pump. I did so by unplugging the power cord from the pressure swithc to the wall outlet and then drained the system of water. Once my pressure switch dial read zero (0) I completed the repair (copper...

View more questions Search