Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROOSTER38 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 02:25 PM
    2 200 amp disconnects and a 200 amp meter
    On a new house I have 2 200 amp panels on the inside. What will be the best way to hookup the 2 200 amp outside disconnects and meter to look decent for the house?:o
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2006, 05:33 PM
    Check with your utility for the types of meter sockets they allow, as you can see by the following link sockets are grouped by region, and each utility hase their preferences.
    http://www.milbankmfg.com/Products/R...alogPicker.asp

I am sure there is a meter available such as the attached picture. This is a 320 amp meter for a 400 amp service, and has two 200 amp main breakers.

As far as the exposed wiring, I have used rigid steel and PVC conduit.
    roycemek Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2007, 01:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell
    Check with your utility for the types of meter sockets they allow, as you can see by the following link sockets are grouped by region, and each utility hase their preferences.
    Residential Meter Sockets Pick From Catalog | Milbank Manufacturing

I am sure there is a meter available such as the attached picture. This is a 320 amp meter for a 400 amp service, and has two 200 amp main breakers.

As far as the exposed wiring, I have used rigid steel and PVC conduit.
    Can the meter socket you described be flush mounted? Have you worked or seen a flush mount version or is it not an option for a 400 amp service?

Thanks,
    Royce M
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 02:33 AM
    I believe I have seen semi flush in some catalogs, never actually purchased or installed one myself. I see no reason anyone meter enclosure could not be flush mounted, as long as the cover is removable easily, and the final product looks OK to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

200 amp panel feeding a 100 amp panel roughly 130' away [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, We are building a apartment above the garage,my question is what size wire do I need to run from the 200 amp panel to the 100 amp panel roughly 130' away? I want to use aluminum wire as I think copper would be to costly. Thanks for your help in advance, Dude :eek:

200 Amp [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Having A Home Built That Is 3800 Square Feet. The Home Will Have 2 Furnaces, 2 Air Conditioners, 2 Refrigirators, And A Deep Freeze. All Other Appliances Will Be Gas. I Have Voiced Concerns About The Availability Of Unused Circuits On The 200 Amp Panel To Be Able To Finish The Basement In...

200 amp or 100 amp [ 6 Answers ]

Which is better, a 100 amp circuit box or a 200 amp circuit box?

200 amp service with a 200 amp outdoor breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to wire a 200 amp outdoor breaker enclosure.I have 4/0 scu cable for my service head to the meter,and 4/0 scu from meter to breaker enclosure.Then from the breaker enclosure I have 4/0 ser cable to my panel.What is the proper wiring method in the enclosure,please help.

200 amp [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for opinons for panel boxes ge square d cutler hammer murray Also what does 30/40 spaces mean. Thanks for any info.

View more questions Search