Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imdavis22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 12:56 PM
    Sliding glass door
    I need basic instructions for installing a sliding glass door.

Irene
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 6, 2006, 01:02 PM
    Most such doors are sold as a kit. The kit will usually have some instructions.

Basically you will need to frame out an opening in the wall (assuming this is a new door and not a replacement). The bottom sill needs to be sunken in so the bottom track will be at or below floor level.

The next step is to assemble the door frame which will consist of top and bottom tracks and vertical panels with locks. These sections need to be shimmed to be plumb (vertical) and level (horizontal). The final step is to hang the doors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lubricate Sliding Glass Door [ 6 Answers ]

Our sliding glass door to the backyard has become more difficult to open and I'm wondering what can be done, if some type of lubricant is supposed to be used or does it need some repair to the metal track or the door itself. Any suggestions/resources are appreciated.

Sliding Glass Door is leaking [ 2 Answers ]

We have a sliding glass door that leaks when it rains heavily. Our house is 18 years old and the door leads out to a wooden deck. The deck is about one inch below the door frame. It is a good quality wooden door manufactured by Peachtree. This has caused some damage to our hardwood flooring near...

Sliding glass door problem [ 6 Answers ]

I just installed a laminate floor in a kitchen on top of an inch and one half sub floor. The bottom of our Andersen vinyl clad sliding glass door barely clears the floor and this without any threshold. The door wheels are set at their highest position and the top of the door rubs against...

Re-route vent below window to install sliding glass door [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a sliding glass door off the back of my house. It would be best to put it where I currently have a window. Only one problem, there is a vent centered directly below the window. Correct me if I am wrong, I have two options 1.) Move the vent off to the side of the sliding...

View more questions Search