Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 13, 2010, 01:33 PM

I am sitting here bawling my eyes out. This is outrageous. So the cops couldn't have picked him up in a more civil manner. Did you see that child cowering in the hallway Smooty? Do you think that it justice? That is horror.

I know I am going to get chewed apart for this, but I would much rather have my child in a house with someone who smoked a joint, than in a house where cops came in firing guns and killing our family pet.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    really ? what is the child exposed to ? second hand foam ?
    Hello again, tom:

Tobacco kills. Marijuana doesn't. Consequently, second hand tobacco smoke kills. Second hand marijuana smoke doesn't. It doesn't even make you high.

Clearly, you're one of the people who don't get it and NEVER will. You support the gestapo tactics shown in the video. You should be ashamed..

excon
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2010, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I am sitting here bawling my eyes out. This is outrageous. So the cops couldn't have picked him up in a more civil manner. Did you see that child cowering in the hallway Smooty? Do you think that it justice? That is horror.

I know I am going to get chewed apart for this, but I would much rather have my child in a house with someone who smoked a joint, than in a house where cops came in firing guns and killing our family pet.
    I am with you on that Aurora!!
    Dogs Expert

May 13, 2010, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    really ? what is the child exposed to ? second hand foam ?
    Umm maybe a drunk parent?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 13, 2010, 02:41 PM

What knocks me for a loop about the video is they went in with a shoot to kill attitude and that is completely wrong. Now in serving a warrant they never know what they will find or what resitance will be met with they do need to be ready for defense. But I can't think of any reason the dog had to be killed let alone with 4 bullets. Most police carry pepper spray and the dog could have been subdued with it if aggressive. The warrant wasn't for that amount of force shown. Im sure they had a file and it would have mentioned it somewhere what the perps makeup was. Or if he was a gang member or whatnot. And their choice to not shield the children was just flat out wrong too.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 13, 2010, 11:06 PM

What time in the morning was this? They knocked on the door and called about for what seems to be less than 3 seconds, before busting down the door. Do they give you time to answer the door?

What kind of dog was it? A pit? A doberman? A lab? From the sound of the initial barking and the fact that the dog was probably in the bedroom, I'm guessing this was not a trained guard dog, probably like my lab mix and border collie.

I can't get past hearing the dog's warning barks, shots fired, then hearing the dog yelping then fall silent!!

G&P
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2010, 02:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

Tobacco kills. Marijuana doesn't. Consequently, second hand tobacco smoke kills. Second hand marijuana smoke doesn't. It doesn't even make you high.

Clearly, you're one of the people who don't get it and NEVER will. You support the gestapo tactics shown in the video. You should be ashamed..

excon
    Off the bat I thought shooting the dogs was excessive. Beyond that ;this is just a snapshot in time. You don't know what evidence was submitted to the judge for the warrant . Just because they did not find his supply there doesn't mean he wasn't a dealer . Perhaps he had it in a storage rental ;who knows? Follow the case and let me know the outcome.

As far as the tactics ? Beyond shooting the dogs (which cal points out there were alternatives for neutralizing them )... I agree with the use of overwhelming force . That saves officers lives.

I will not get into the silly argument that, because alcohol and tobacco are legal ,that all drugs should be . It is clear that there is a consensus for the status quo. Even the President and Gil Kerlikowske(who I believe you praised on one of these discussions ) said the other day they don't support legalization .
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 14, 2010, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Smoothy do you drink coffee or any drink with caffeine in it? If so then you are a drug user.
    I suppose the Pot heads would like to see the age of Statutory rape lowered to 12 years old... under the pretext... it would be concensual? If the BOTH wanted it... hell why stop there... some people are just begging to be killed... some women just begging to be taught a lesson... and heck... why have laws at all, then nobody will be in jail for anything and the world will be a wonderful place... yeah right! That's every bit as good an idea as making Pot legal to druggies, meaning it isn't.

If Pot should be legalized then alcohol laws should be repealled too. After all, if an 11 year old wants to get stupid drunk... what right does anyone have to stop them... or if gradeschool kids want to smoke... repeal the law that prevents selling tobacco to minors... just sell the smokes to 6 year olds.

After all, "Nobody" gets hurt there either... like illegal drugs never hurt anyone... pot included.

Better take a look at narcotrafficers... what they do etc...

I've seen dozens if not tens of dozens of stoners (pot heads, whatever term you wish to use)over the years... I am 49 not 19. And there wasn't a regular user you could NOT spot across the room. And when they opened their mouth and talked... it was clear they were users.

And Incidentally... exactly WHERE is caffine regulated as a drug. Not in the USA... Not in Europe... where do they control sale of caffine containing products to minors? As of today... a 3 year old could walk into any store and buy any soft drink they sell. Even "Jolt" brand soda. Or Red Bull.
    Uber Member

May 14, 2010, 05:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I suppose the Pot heads would like to see the age of Statutory rape lowered to 12 years old....
    Hello again, smoothy:

Why stop there? How come you don't accuse pot heads of advocating man/dog marriage while you're at it?

You're silly.

excon
    Uber Member

May 14, 2010, 05:59 AM
    Hello again, smoothy:

Why stop there? How come you don't accuse pot heads of advocating man/dog marriage while you're at it?

You're silly.

excon
    What makes Pot heads special... How about Pedophiles... Crackheads, Meth heads... Rapists... wife beaters... Human trafficers... Prostitution... shouldn't their special vice be made legal too?
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

May 14, 2010, 06:09 AM
    Ignorance can be cured, but you can't fix stupid. - Ron White
    nuff said
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2010, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    What kind of dog was it? A pit?
    My post #10 leads you to a series of local stories for details. There were 2 dogs, a Corgi which was injured in the paw incidentally it appears, the other was a pit bull the officers claim was aggressive.
    Uber Member

May 14, 2010, 06:25 AM
    What makes Pot heads special.....How about Pedophiles....Crackheads, Meth heads.....Rapists....wife beaters....Human trafficers...Prostitution....shouldn't their special vice be made legal too?
    Hello again, smoothy:

Those are good questions. I'll do my best to answer you.

Nothing makes pot heads special. Nobody said it did. You made it up. You should stop doing that, because when you do, our arguments devolve into "yes you did - no I didn't" FOURTH grade stupid crap, that I've told you repeatedly, I won't participate in.

You're a bit confused, however. Let me help to the degree that I can. Amongst your list of offenses above, there are crimes WITH a victim, and crimes WITHOUT a victim. I understand that you're UNABLE to tell the difference and CAN'T make that distinction.. You refer to all of them as vices, so I'm not going to try to educate you. Suffice to say, the bulk of the readers of this post, CAN make that distinction.

I will say that prostitution absolutely should be legal.

excon
    Uber Member

May 14, 2010, 10:15 AM
    Hello again, smoothy:

Those are good questions. I'll do my best to answer you.

Nothing makes pot heads special. Nobody said it did. You made it up. You should stop doing that, because when you do, our arguments devolve into "yes you did - no I didn't" FOURTH grade stupid crap, that I've told you repeatedly, I won't participate in.

You're a bit confused, however. Lemme help to the degree that I can. Amongst your list of offenses above, there are crimes WITH a victim, and crimes WITHOUT a victim. I understand that you're UNABLE to tell the difference and CAN'T make that distinction.. You refer to all of them as vices, so I'm not going to try to educate you. Suffice to say, the bulk of the readers of this post, CAN make that distinction.

I will say that prostitution absolutely should be legal.

excon
    There ARE victims with any illegal drug... and they are illegal for good reason... stoners plastering the internet with fabricated stories changes nothing... they are despirate to get their "Fix" just like any Heroin addict is... degree of addiction doesn't matter.

Talk to any law enforcement person... Talk about the traffic deaths caused by people that are high, other crimes committed by people under the influence, Crimes and deaths cause by drug trafficers which is NOT insignificant. Just look towards Mexico right now. THen look at the crimes THAT finances...

THere are plenty of victims with any illegal drug... far more than there are with even legal ones... and nobody claims abuse of legal drugs is victim free either.

With every crime there is a victim(s)... it may not appear to be to the self centered criminal or drug addict... but its clear to everyone else.

And Prostitution is no exception... Trafficing of Humans in the Sex trade is not unheard of even here in the USA... it may not get front page news... but it happens all over the country. Talk to some cops... they will tell you, hell if you know a prostitue ask them... many know about it even if they know nothing else. And drugs are usually directly involved as well.

Anyone who resorts to drugs or alcohol to drown out reality... is doing no favors to anyone. And are making nothing better through abusing their bodies and funding other criminals.

Pot, Heroin, Crack, Crank, black market OxyCodone, doesn't matter which drug... they all make criminals rich.
    Dogs Expert

May 14, 2010, 10:17 AM
    What makes Pot heads special.....How about Pedophiles....Crackheads, Meth heads.....Rapists....wife beaters....Human trafficers...Prostitution....shouldn't their special vice be made legal too?

Are you saying this with a straight face?
    Do you drink? I suppose that you want it to be legal to drink and drive? After all if you run out of booze how else are you supposed to get it? I mean a quick drive to the liquor store with your child in the car, no biggie right?

Because with the broad stroke you are painting "pot heads" with, all drinkers must be raging alcoholics who want to drink and drive.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 14, 2010, 10:58 AM
    Smoothy, I have some questions for you.

How many of those "crime victims" are victims of the law instead of the act?

Why is M.A.D.D. doing such booming business if legal drugs have so many fewer victims?

Why does marijuana come from Mexico when it grows wild here?

Does Australia (where sex work is legal) have the same human trafficking and pimp problems the U.S. does? Maybe 'clete could help with that one.

Did Joe, Jack, and Teddy Kennedy get included in your mental "make criminals rich" statement since their fortune came from bootlegging?
    Dogs Expert

May 14, 2010, 11:03 AM

SAFER - Alcohol vs. Marijuana
    Uber Member

May 14, 2010, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Smoothy, I have some questions for you.

How many of those "crime victims" are victims of the law instead of the act?

Why is M.A.D.D. doing such booming business if legal drugs have so many fewer victims?

Why does marijuana come from Mexico when it grows wild here?

Does Australia (where sex work is legal) have the same human trafficking and pimp problems the U.S. does? Maybe 'clete could help with that one.

Did Joe, Jack, and Teddy Kennedy get included in your mental "make criminals rich" statement since their fortune came from bootlegging?
    I have no more sympathy for drunks than I do for drug users...

How many Men are sitting in jhail for sleeping with their girlfriends who happened to be 16 or younger?

All the Kennedys were corrupt... don't even get me started there. Not ONE of them were saints or earned any opf their money they inherited from grandadies illegal booze running.

Can't comment on Austrailas human trafficking problem... its only on the other side of the world and we in the USA we don't get that much news about Australia.
    Uber Member

May 14, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Are you saying this with a straight face?
    Do you drink? I suppose that you want it to be legal to drink and drive? After all if you run out of booze how else are you supposed to get it? I mean a quick drive to the liquor store with your child in the car, no biggie right?

Because with the broad stroke you are painting "pot heads" with, all drinkers must be raging alcoholics who want to drink and drive.
    I'm not the one calling for illegal activities to be made legal, booze or drugs.

Read back... I have no more sympathy for an alcoholic that's off the wagon than I do for any drug user that's using.

If you got a problem... deal with it... legalizing it isn't going to help anything. Except making it easier to make it worse.
    Dogs Expert

May 14, 2010, 11:56 AM

I did not say I was a user at all. All I said that was a pretty broad brush, and for you to say you can spot a user in a crowd, well is just silly. I'm not for legalizing it, I'm for de criminalizing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug War - No More [ 28 Answers ]

Hello: Political correctness sucks. Words DO matter. Wars cannot be declared against things. Whoever heard of such nonsense? War should be reserved for what it means. Oh, it's a great marketing campaign, but it makes lousy policy. That's because you can't WIN a war on crime, or a war on...

Mexican Drug War threatens homeland [ 7 Answers ]

While she looks for threats from returning veterans, Napolitano has been incompetent dealing with real threats. How can she control the southern border of the US when she could not control the southern border of Arizona? G&P

OUR Drug War [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: The Drug War is OURS, isn't it? Is there anybody out there who thinks that if we ended OUR drug war, the world wouldn't end theirs? I don't know how it is for you... But, I see people who I ordinarily believe to be rational, smart people, examine the problems on our southern...

The Drug War [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: Chief R. Gil Kerlikowske, my home town top cop, is going to be the new Drug Czar. Seattle, is also home to hemp fest. That's a four day celebration of marijuana held in a downtown park with thousands upon thousands of people in attendance, and ALL of 'em smoking dope. The cops...

The Drug War [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: Why did they pass a Constitutional amendment to ban alcohol if all they had to do was make "War on Alcohol"? Did those legislators know something that ours don't? Could the War on Drugs be illegal? excon

View more questions Search