Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 08:27 AM
    Drug war - last post. If you don't get it NOW, you NEVER will.
    Hello drug warriors:

I've heard you wingers say they're not busting pot smokers any more - but you lie. Here's a video of what's being done to people in YOUR NAME, in the war on pot.

WARNING - It's horrifying. Nonetheless, I'd urge you to watch it, and to send it to the drug warriors in your life. This is the blunt result of all the war imagery and militaristic rhetoric politicians have been spewing for the last 30 years - cops dressed like soldiers, barreling through the front door in the middle of the night, slaughtering the family pet, filling the house with bullets in the presence of children, then having the audacity to charge the parents with endangering their own kid. There are 100-150 of these raids every day in America, the vast, vast majority like this one, to serve a warrant for a consensual crime.

They found a small amount of marijuana, enough for a misdemeanor charge. The parents were then charged with child endangerment.

Let me see if I understand this... Smoking pot = child endangerment. Storming a home with guns blazing, killing the family pet as a child looks on = necessary police procedures to ensure everyone's safety.

Just so we're clear.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 08:59 AM

Good for them... what good parent would teach their kid its OK to get stoned instead of dealing with reality... and I feel the very same about any parent that gives their kid Jack Daniels... or any other form of alcohol.

Heck... just give them heroin... skip the games.

I suppose driving while stoned is better than driving while drunk by the same logic those who retreat to drugs to escape reality... the same as drunks retreat to alcohol.
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

May 13, 2010, 09:04 AM

Truly horrifying
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 09:04 AM

Hello smoothy:

Like I said, you'll never get it.

excon
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 13, 2010, 09:12 AM

Thanks for posting that as a Youtube link. The NORML rep interviewing the police spokesman about that incident was enlightening as well. Do you have an address for the potsmoker's attorney? In Tennessee where I grew up shooting a man's dog was grounds for self-defense.
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello smoothy:

Like I said, you'll never get it.

excon
    So... Little Jack Daniels and Vodka bottles for kindergarteners... right next to the Doobies, crack and Meth? Why stop with POT... how about Heroin for the masses.
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 09:57 AM

Hello again, smoothy:

Like all drug warriors, you make up stuff. This is a pot smoker. The rest is a figment of your imagination... In fact, it sounds like you been smoking something.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2010, 10:00 AM

It's a good thing the cops are being held accountable more and more by video evidence, huh?
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    It's a good thing the cops are being held accountable more and more by video evidence, huh?
    Hello Steve:

It is. But, this is their own video and they're not being help accountable for ANYTHING except doing a marvelous job. It's YOU, Mr. John Q. Citizen, who I hope will hold them accountable.

You're a dog lover. What did you think about that?

excon
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2010, 10:09 AM
    Hello again, smoothy:

Like all drug warriors, you make up stuff. This is a pot smoker. The rest is a figment of your imagination... In fact, it sounds like you been smoking something
    That's not exactly true.

In 2003, Whitworth pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute cocaine and marijuana in federal court and was ordered to serve 15 months in federal prison, according to court documents.
    Whitworth had a prior arrest for suspicion of possession of marijuana and manufacturing a controlled substance. One of the informants told police he or she had seen the marijuana in Whitworth’s home within 10 days of the warrant’s approval.

Columbia police Detective Ronald Hall Jr. also conducted a trash grab at Whitworth’s home on Jan. 27. He found baggies containing narcotic residue and items of drug paraphernalia with residue on them, according to the warrant.

So when SWAT entered the home, investigators believed Whitworth was in possession of a large amount of marijuana and was considered a distributor. SWAT is used when executing warrants on distributors because they often have a history with firearms.
    I'm not defending this raid, but he doesn't appear to be just a pot smoker.
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 10:18 AM
    I'm not defending this raid, but he doesn't appear to be just a pot smoker.
    Hello again, Steve:

I'm not surprised there was more to the story... Good work. However, he has NO VIOLENCE in his past. Even IF he's a pot DEALER, I stand by my outrage.

excon

PS> Cops call pot "narcotics". It's all the same to them. They think like smoothy. They think they're ridding the world of evil. I guess if you think like that, shooting a dog is a small price to pay.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2010, 10:22 AM

It appears the citizens of Columbia, MO and the local press are trying to hold them accountable. I do have a piece of advice though, if a guy doesn't want to risk his family and dog he shouldn't get involved in illegal distribution.

P.S. I don't buy that the cops don't know the difference between pot and narcotics.
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 10:30 AM
    P.S. I don't buy that the cops don't know the difference between pot and narcotics.
    Hello again, Steve:

Oh, they KNOW the difference. They just don't articulate the difference, as they didn't here. If they thought they found cocaine residue on January 27, THAT is what they would have been looking for on Feb 11.

This from the article you linked me to:

"So when SWAT entered the home, investigators believed Whitworth was in possession of a large amount of marijuana and was considered a distributor. SWAT is used when executing warrants on distributors because they often have a history with firearms."

Plus, I don't know know how much YOU know about the pot business, Steve, but I don't think even YOU believe that pot dealers are armed and dangerous.

I stand by my OUTRAGE.

excon
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2010, 10:47 AM

I'm not telling you not to stand by your outrage, but the narcotics bit was an aside to the story. I never said the cops were looking for anything but what was on the warrant (what they were tipped to). I'm just saying the guy is no angel.

P.S. I live in the Texas panhandle, everyone is armed.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2010, 11:10 AM

Let me see if I understand this... Smoking pot = child endangerment.
    What do you call it ? An ounce of prevention ?
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    What do you call it ? an ounce of prevention ?
    Hello tom:

I'd call it LESS dangerous than throwing back a six pack in front of your kids.

excon
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 11:20 AM
    Hello again, smoothy:

Like all drug warriors, you make up stuff. This is a pot smoker. The rest is a figment of your imagination... In fact, it sounds like you been smoking something.

excon
    Ummmm POT smokers ARE Drug Users contrary to what the stoner brain might think. THC is a drug... those who use it ARE drug users.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2010, 11:20 AM

Really ? What is the child exposed to ? Second hand foam ?
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 11:22 AM
    Hello tom:

I'd call it LESS dangerous than throwing back a six pack in front of your kids.

excon
    Dead is dead... Hope its one of YOUR kids or siblings (or any POT supporters) that are killed by a stoner IF it ever gets legalized. Because ANYONE to dies as the result of a stoners addiction is Someone's kid.

But then... stoners don't believe it effects them in any way.

Would serve you right. Stoners are NOT in anywhere near full control of their facilities when they have it in their system... they WILL drive... and they WILL kill people just like any drunk does.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2010, 01:25 PM

Smoothy do you drink coffee or any drink with caffeine in it? If so then you are a drug user.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug War - No More [ 28 Answers ]

Hello: Political correctness sucks. Words DO matter. Wars cannot be declared against things. Whoever heard of such nonsense? War should be reserved for what it means. Oh, it's a great marketing campaign, but it makes lousy policy. That's because you can't WIN a war on crime, or a war on...

Mexican Drug War threatens homeland [ 7 Answers ]

While she looks for threats from returning veterans, Napolitano has been incompetent dealing with real threats. How can she control the southern border of the US when she could not control the southern border of Arizona? G&P

OUR Drug War [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: The Drug War is OURS, isn't it? Is there anybody out there who thinks that if we ended OUR drug war, the world wouldn't end theirs? I don't know how it is for you... But, I see people who I ordinarily believe to be rational, smart people, examine the problems on our southern...

The Drug War [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: Chief R. Gil Kerlikowske, my home town top cop, is going to be the new Drug Czar. Seattle, is also home to hemp fest. That's a four day celebration of marijuana held in a downtown park with thousands upon thousands of people in attendance, and ALL of 'em smoking dope. The cops...

The Drug War [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: Why did they pass a Constitutional amendment to ban alcohol if all they had to do was make "War on Alcohol"? Did those legislators know something that ours don't? Could the War on Drugs be illegal? excon

View more questions Search