Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kaylaluv711 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2010, 04:38 AM
    Why does sex still hurt?
    Me and my boyfriend have been sexually active for almost a year now, we've been together for two. When we first started having sex it didn't hurt as much. Now every time we have sex it feels like I'm a virgin again. I don't understand why it hurts so much
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 13, 2010, 05:04 AM

How old are you?

How long is it between 'sessions'? Have you changed methods of birth control?

Where is it hurting? If it inside, like something is being 'hit' or 'torn', you need to see you gynecologist to make certain that everything is in working order.

Are you fully aroused? Is your mind wandering around instead of focusing on the moment? Are you relaxing enough for intercourse? Are you taking time for foreplay? Have you been doing a lot of exercising and strengthening the pelvic muscles?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 13, 2010, 07:46 AM

In addition to what Cat said, talk to a gynaecologist.

My GF has something called Dyspareunia, or painful sexual intercourse, which was similar to what you are feeling. It was resolved with physiotherapy. The problem is getting into the system and dodging the questions and assumptions of the medical professionals that it is something different.

In short, get thee to a gynaecologist!

May 14, 2010, 04:36 AM

I'm 17, normally a week sometimes longer. No I haven't.. It's more when he enters that hurts the most then anything. Normally yes I am... I tend to get tensed up before, it's sometimes hard to relax. Sometimes we do, but most of the time we don't and no not a lot.

May 14, 2010, 04:38 AM

I rarely go to the doctor, that seems like a really uncomfortable subject to talk about also.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 14, 2010, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylaluv711 View Post
    I rarely go to the doctor, that seems like a really uncomfortable subject to talk about also.
    I really shouldn't be saying this, and this post might get delorted but...

Your doctor, GP or OB/GYN, has heard it all and than some. I can assure you that your problem will fall closer to the mundane side of things. You won't scandalize him, or cause him to judge you. The doctor you talk to will approach this with professionalism.

You may have a medical problem. It isn't life threatening, but it will affect your quality of life. If you're willing to live with this, than that is your decision.

You will have swallow your pride, but approach your doctor and be explicit. You will need to to get this problem solved. An internet help desk will only point you vaguely in the right direction. You need to seek the help. When it comes to your health a doctor is usually the best person to trust to talk to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex after hymenoplasty hurt? [ 31 Answers ]

I am not sure if I am in the correct section. My hymen broke during sports and when I had sex for the first time, it didn't hurt much. I am planning to go on hymenoplasty to 're-build' a hymen. I am just wondering after hymenoplasty, will sex be as hurt as sex for a virgin with hymen?

Will sex hurt for the first time? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a 13 year old boy, I never had sex. But I've gotten all type of other stuff. But now me and my girlfriend think the is time to take the next step of our relationship, I know it hurts for girls, but does it hurt for boys to? And if does hurt, how does hurt, like what part of your penis hurt....

Does having sex for the first time hurt? [ 31 Answers ]

- - -> Does having sex for the first time hurt? I'm so terrified that'll it will hurt that I've managed to keep my boyfriend off me for the time being, I'm just wondering if someone could describe the amount of pain a women goes through? No detail's lol I'm just terrified and would like to know....

View more questions Search