Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traffictigger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2010, 03:54 AM
    My boyfriend wants to break up
    My boyfriend who I have been with for four years says he wants to finish with me over something that happened to one of his friends in work... I have only just moved in with him in the last 3 months and it was going great. He told me he wants me to move out then he can end it. I don't know what to do? We were supposed to be going on holiday in a couple days I don't know what to do??
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 13, 2010, 07:58 AM

If he doesn't want to continue the relationship, then forcing him to stick around won't be any fun for either of you.

Feelings change, it happens. The sooner he moves out, the easier it will be for you to move on with your life.

There's nothing you can really do on the relationship front, since you can't control his feelings or thoughts. But there's plenty you can do for yourself. Keep yourself busy doing other things and going forward with your life.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 13, 2010, 08:09 AM

What does the event at work have to do with him wanting to break up with you?

Something seems to be missing. Has he given you a reason for the sudden change of heart?

I agree that you need to find some place else to live and give him his space. If he wants to break up with you over something that happened to a friend at work, there are more issues in this relationship that apparently have nothing to do with you. No sense staying around and causing yourself more pain and hurt. The stickies at the top of the Relationship Board can give you a lot of good advice on ending the relationship and healing.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 13, 2010, 09:59 AM

Whatever his excuses, let him go. Sooner, rather than later.
    elizaxfools Posts: 23, Reputation: 9

May 13, 2010, 03:41 PM

If I knew what happened to his co worker at work, it would be easier to answer this question. But from the information provided, you can either give him the space he wants from you right now, or you can talk to him about it. No pointing fingers or raised voices. No breaking down... but just talk.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 13, 2010, 05:12 PM

If he wants out, let him go. That is really the best thing for you to do.
    No point in prolonging things.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2010, 11:19 AM

If he wants to walk, let him. Nothing you can do to stop him, and why would you want too?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need a break from my boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

My relationship with my boyfriend of almost a year is fine. I love him. We spend equal time talking and smooching. We talk straight-faced when one of us feels wronged by the other, we argue casually and kiss afterward. We've no problem with communication. It's what women magazines would call a...

My boyfriend says he wants a break [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old at university, my boyfriend is 19 at a different university about 1 hour, 20 minutes a way by train. Not far at all seeing as we were always an 1 hour away from each other when we lived at home. My boyfriend was meant to be coming down to spend the weekend with me this weekend,...

My boyfriend says he wants a break! [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend an I are together for 2 and a half years and some months ago someone made false accusations about me cheating on him because they wanted to break us up. He said he trusted me and he believes I didn't cheat on him but it has obviously affected him and our relationship. He keeps bringing...

Break up with boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 45 years old previously married for 15 years. I have been dating this man for 1 year & 4 months. We were seeing each other about 4 days a week. We also shared family time with his family & mine. After having such an intense & strong relationship I thought it was heading at the right...

View more questions Search