Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xmomma06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2010, 09:54 AM
    I got married while I was on probation and my husband was on Parole.
    My husband and I got married over a year ago. I was on probation and him parole. Neither one of our officers ever found out. He is now off parole and I am currently still on probation for another 6 months. I was told that since they did not find out about it when we were both on parole/probation that I cannot be violated. Is this true . I don't know Missouri laws on this?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 12, 2010, 10:14 AM

Hello x:

Your rules say that you cannot associate with a convicted felon, whether ON parole or probation or OFF.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 12, 2010, 03:27 PM

If they somehow find out prior to the termination of your probation you will be violated and sit in jail until your VOP hearing. And if this does come about you won't be able to live with your husband until after your probation is formally terminated otherwise you will be violated again. Something similar happened to a girl I know where her boyfriend was a felon and she was on probation. He lived with her and she got violated. He had to move out until her probation was over. She even had a pricey attorney and he could do nothing about it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2010, 03:34 PM

He is off parole, you are not off probation, if they find out about any prior violation before you get completely off, they can violate you. If they find out you did all of that without telling them, being with him, marriage without permission to a felon. Not only is it a violation for being with him, but the not reporting it, will be another seroius violation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation/parole laws [ 3 Answers ]

Does the system have to tell you how long you parole will be?

Probation and parole violation Maryland [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancée is on parole and probation for a robbery a couple of years ago. They violated his probation and parole for a traffic violation of driving while revoked. We are waiting to go to court on that traffic violation. He has 6 months left on parole and is currently held on detainer pending a...

Motion for early parole/probation? [ 1 Answers ]

Where do you find a form for early termination of federal parole/probation

Probation and Parole Guidelines [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend is bieng sentenced to Felony Probation on 4 Dui Charges. She wants to know if they have a curfew and what are some of the guidelines? Does anyone know? Thanks

Finding someone on parole or probation [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find someone who is on parole or probation and why they are on it

View more questions Search