Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 09:17 PM
    Is Anyone Else Here Interested in Medieval and/or Renaissance Music?
    Hi, All!

It's rare that I find people on this site who are interested in the same types and/or kinds of music that I'm into the most. A couple of the types of music that I'm really into would be medieval and Renaissance. I can appreciate and learn to like any type of music, as long as it's good in one or more ways. But, like most people, I do have my preferences. Hence, I'm usually carving out my own niche on this site because of the lack of variety in what's offered concerning music.

The Music forum topic area of this site could really use some revamping in order to make it more broadly categorized so that it's more all-inclusive so as to draw more people to the site because of the content of the threads. A big part of how the site makes money, is because of when people click on the ads that are on the site. The more that is offered, then the more variety of ads there will for people to click. Also, the more that is offered, the more likely there will be a larger variety of people here.

So, right now, I would like to find out who might be interested in medieval or Renaissance music on this site who are presently members.

Just by the content on this post, it's likely to attract those who're doing searches for those types of music on the Internet, since the site gets excellent exposure when people do searches for various things. That's how I first happened to find this site, because of looking for something else, the subject about which, happened to be on this site.

In time, more questions concerning various genre of music will follow...

If it's found that current members don't really have an interest in certain types of music, that's okay. The lack of interest might mean that it's like that, because forum topics don't currently exist for those types of music. If the forum topics existed, then they would no doubt be a draw for people who are interested in those types of music.

Also, people who are presently members who might already be interested in the types of music about which I'll be asking, might be more likely to come forward and ask or answer questions if the forum topic areas existed about certain types of music.

If you don't know, and would like to know more about what's involved in medieval and/or renaissance music, please click on the following links.

Medieval Music - Google Search

Renaissance Music - Google Search

Thanks!
    Riot Posts: 130, Reputation: 29

May 19, 2010, 03:40 AM

Yeah I don't mind it sometimes. I know there are a few bands in like the medieval societys that play that music, but generally there arnt many of those groups around...
    Uber Member

May 19, 2010, 11:36 PM
    Hi, Riot!

Thank you for responding! Are you familiar with the Society for Creative Anachronism?
    Riot Posts: 130, Reputation: 29

May 22, 2010, 04:06 AM

No not really. Is that linked to medieval societys?
    Uber Member

May 22, 2010, 11:56 AM
    Yes, they are! Very much so. Might even be the same thing.

Below is the link for The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.

Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

May 30, 2010, 06:38 PM

Yes, I am interested in some of the Medieval/Renaissance music.

My major interest is in Gregorian Chants and other Liturgical genre.

I would have had a wonderful time listening to troubadors singing about everyday life, especially courtly love. My luck I would have been the charwoman and not allowed the pleasure. Lol
    Uber Member

May 30, 2010, 09:52 PM
    Hi, bleusong52!

Ah! A kindred spirit! Thank you for coming along here!

How did you find this thread, please?

Thanks!
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

May 31, 2010, 06:23 AM

Hi Clough!

I just re-signed up yesterday and start searching favorite topics and saw your post. Also got your message and cannot figure out how to answer it. It is like figuring out everything again. Lol

So glad you are still on the Help Desk. You are an inspiration to many (that includes me too).
    Uber Member

May 31, 2010, 10:38 AM
    Well, bless your heart, bleusong52!

If you click on your name in this thread and choose View Public Profile in the drop-down menu, you should see another version of your profile unlike that which you will see by clicking My Profile. You should be able to see and respond to Visitor Messages there.

However, you might also need to change the "skin" that you're using on this site.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 02:49 PM
    So, do you have a religious affiliation at all, bleusong52?
    tiffrocks2010 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2010, 09:41 PM

No! I'm not intrested in that kind of music at all.
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffrocks2010 View Post
    No! im not intrested in that kind of music at all.
    Okay. Thank you for letting me know!

If you do like music, what kind or kinds of music do you like, please?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

From renaissance to romanticism [ 1 Answers ]

Early faces of western art

A Renaissance Revival [ 1 Answers ]

I've observed a couple of threads, regarding a Renaissance revival of sorts. Instead of the United States, I think this should be a global issue. Modern society has been overcome by worrying which alternative process is more expedient than another... Art has grown into a stereotype of hobbyists and...

Renaissance Fair Project ! [ 3 Answers ]

I have this big project where I have to do 2 big projects. These projects are worth at least 20% of our final marks in English and Social Studies. One is supposed to be on Renaissance Entertainment (Fashion, plays (Shakespeare), food, etc), while the other one is supposed to be on witchcraft,...

View more questions Search