Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lanee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 01:53 PM
    Want to move to Austin, Texas from Washington State with Child
    Hi,

I am currently in a situation I am not sure how to deal with. My husband and I are still married... we have a 5 year old son... but we've been separated for over a year (not legal separation). NO papers have been filed for ANYTHING. I'm from Austin, Texas... and I'm wanting to move back down there, with my son... so that 1. I can get a better job... and 2. I can feel like I'm not living paycheck to paycheck because of the high cost of living here in Washington. Am I able to move with my son down there without legal ramifications?

Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 02:28 PM

At this moment you both have equal rights/custody of your son.

HOWEVER, whenever either one of you decides to make the separation legal or seek a divorce you will be the person who removed a 5 year old from his father and it won't look good for you.

Is he paying child support (a side issue) and does he see the child?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

W7 Austin, Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I am aware that I should mail in my Fedral return with a Form W7 (to get my spouses ITIN) to Austin, Texas. What do I do about the State return. When do I file it? After getting the ITIN ? Should I file an extension with the Stae of PA as it would be after April 15th when I get my ITIN. Thanks...

Child Abandonment law in Washington State [ 1 Answers ]

I am a grandparent who's granddaughter is living with her she is 2, my daughter her mother died 3 weeks after she was born. Dad has been totally irresponsible, can't keep a job for over three months, but this is not because of losing my daughter he has always been like this. He was living near us...

Texas (Austin) Rental Agreement [ 5 Answers ]

Heya, To avoid emotional content, just read the question in 'blue' below. I recently vacated an apartment in Round Rock. We scheduled the and executed our final walk-through with a property representative and there weren't any documented damages. We handed in our keys and left the property...

View more questions Search