Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dipsetmami69 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 09:32 AM
    2 speeding tickets... need advice!
    Ok so now I have accomplished the dumbest mistake in my life time. I obviously did not learn from my first speeding ticket last week because last night I got another one. I have no clue how to go about getting my points reduced. Can anyone tell me if I should just plead not-guilty and talk to the prosecutor or if I should get a lawyer. I was told that both of the tickets are 4 points each and I cannot afford to pay too much more money for my car insurance policy. Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 6, 2006, 09:39 AM
    I don't know how your traffic courts work, but the one in my county will generally allow you to plead to a lesser charge that doesn't carry points. You just need to show up at the appointed time and work it out with the clerk. They do this to save the expense of getting the officer into court.

You might talk to an attorney that deals with traffic violations, but they might cost you as much as the increased insurance.

You might also look into taking the defensive driver course (if you haven't in the last 3 years). This is a 6 hour course that will reduce the points and/or your insurance premiums.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong date written on speeding ticket! [ 9 Answers ]

I recently got pulled over and was given a speeding ticket. I was definitely speeding and did not give the officer a hastle. The date of my ticket was 11/27/06 and written on the ticket was 11/27/08. A few days later the sent me a new ticket with the date corrected. Does anyone know if my ticket...

Driving tickets [ 3 Answers ]

I have not had a driving infraction for over 15 years- except in a different province. In the last two years I have been pulled over twice in another province. The first was for speeding (I was going with traffic flow but because my wife's car looks hopped up I was picked out and pulled over...

Media Tickets Problem Need Help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was on msn messenger and my friend sent me alink which I went too and it asked me too download a program I did it and it then opened all my windows for my messenger and sent the link too them then showed me a blue screen telling me that it was dumping physical memory.. Please someone help...

Cheap tickets [ 3 Answers ]

Do you know where I can find a cheap ticket from france to sacramento, California? All is just so expensive! :eek:

Buying Tickets in another country [ 1 Answers ]

I am an American currently living in Britain, but because of the dreadful foreign exchange rate, I'm wondering if it's possible to purchase tickets via a friend or a website in the US and pay with my credit card (also American). Is this possible? Thank you!

View more questions Search