Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    secondchance Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 10:07 AM
    Convicted felon jobs in healthcare NC
    Hello. This is my first time on this site. Does anyone know if it is possible for a convicted felon (17 years ago) to get into a healthcare career or be eligible for healthcare training in North Carolina? I am thinking about a career change, like MRI Technician.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 11, 2010, 10:40 AM

Mostly its going to depend on what the conviction was in the first place. There are not restrictions in place but discrimination does exist. So if it was a violent offense they may look harder on you then something else. Just be ready to explain yourself if needed.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 10:44 AM
    Hi, secondchance!

What were you convicted of doing, if you wouldn't mind sharing that, please?

Thanks!
    secondchance Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 10:49 AM
    My boo boo is a felony possession of stolen goods from 1993. Since then I got a four year degree, and have worked in government for 12 years. But now my field is saturated and I am burned out. Something new would be exciting to pursue, but I hate to invest time and money in a career change only to find out I cannot be licensed, certified, and/or get a job. However since 9/11 the job market has gotten paranoid, in my opinion. Instead of asking about a criminal record in terms of years, they ask it in terms of ever. (Have you ever been convicted of a felony? Instead of Have you ever been convicted of a felony in the last 10 years?)
    Jen44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2012, 09:51 AM
    Don't have an answer but a suggestion, call the schools there to find out first hand or send an e-mail to the school of your choice. Hope you find out looking for same answer for a friend who is in the same situation except she doesn't parole until 2014. I know it depends on the conviction type like if its narcotics you can't work where its dispensed or available. Same as if you are accused of theft or money crimes you can't work at a bank etc. Good luck.

Jennie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthcare Jobs for Convicted Felons [ 15 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first time on this site. Does anyone know if it is possible for a convicted felon (10 years ago) to get into a healthcare career or be eligible for healthcare training? Thank you. Terri

Convicted felon marrying another convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon marry another convicted felon? One is still in prison the other is no longer under supervised release. Both are federal cases.

Healthcare jobs [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any types of health care jobs you can have with 3 misdemeanors?

Past dismissed misdemeanor conviction/healthcare jobs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a registered dietitian working in New York for about ten years. Eighteen years ago, in Arizona, where I used to live, I was issued a written summons for misdemeanor shoplifting (not arrested or fingerprinted) with court date on it. I was young/dumb and had no lawyer, so showed up to court...

OTR jobs for a convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am writing to try and help my fiancé. Is there anyone who knows of trucking companies that are willing to give a good man a second chance. There are extenuating circumstances in connection with this conviction. He's a man who took a chance and went back to school to better his life. He...

View more questions Search