Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

May 11, 2010, 09:26 AM
    Need a name for a protagonist
    I need a name for a protagonist who is somewhere between the age of 35 and 38. I'd like a common name (1st and last) even though it is a supernatural thriller book. She had darkbrown hair which borders sometime on red (as in red red not ginger) and its curly and goes just beneath her shoulder blades. Her eyes are a flat colour: ice blue and quite pale ice blue too. She has supernatural abilities to start fires by staring at something and also to freeze/dramatically slow down time. She is a sports teacher for people between 9 and 13 (ie at middle school).
    I was thinking Sharon.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2010, 02:07 PM

More to the point, what is her country of origin? What religion? What is her family history? What ethnic group? Those things will suggest a name more than her hair colour.

By the way, do sports teachers not normally keep their hair tied up or back?

May 12, 2010, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen G View Post
    More to the point, what is her country of origin? What religion? What is her family history? What ethnic group? Those things will suggest a name more than her hair colour.

By the way, do sports teachers not normally keep their hair tied up or back?
    English, probably Catholic, White, She is unmarried without a boyfriend or kids and has had a normal upbringing. Yes she does keep her hair tied back in a low ponytail.

PS - I'm not bothered about name meaning :cool::D
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2010, 08:18 AM

Then Smith, Brooks, Cameron, Thatcher, McHugh, Woodman, Wilson, Shipman, Gibson, Harrison etc.

Sharon is not a very Catholic first name, though there are some. Try a saint's name instead. Marion, Agnes, Patrica, Elizabeth, Louise, Anne etc.

May 12, 2010, 08:29 AM

Ok thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can cassius be considered as protagonist in julius caesar? [ 4 Answers ]

There are plenty of debates as to whether the protagonist of julius caeser is caesar himself or brutus... cassius is not even considered for the part. Detaching the play from the time it was written in... or what shakespeare might or might not have intended... studying it in a purely objective...

View more questions Search