Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oluwajimi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2010, 02:58 PM
    I want to set up care home for people with learning disabilities,
    I presently work in the care sector, but want to start working for me self. How can I go about this. Can you help me on how to get started. Thank you
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 9, 2010, 03:16 PM

You have to go through a lot of regulations for that. Call Respite care and check with state reguirements for a start.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2010, 03:19 PM

There will be requirements for everything, there will need to be people with specific level of training on duty, a number of workers to clients. If in the US, be inspected and licensed by the dept of health, by medicare and medicaid ( if taking their money) if you serve meals the kitchen will have to meet state requirements. There will be city and state license and also insurance requirements.

I would start by a visit to a similar facility and see if their manager will explain part of it to you
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2010, 06:27 AM

The requirements depend on the state in which you live. Start up costs tend to be astronomical because many homes are not set up for being group homes. That is just the remodeling... there is the state paperwork, the hiring of 24 hr a day staff, a van to transport your clients.

Visiting a similar organization or two is a great suggestion. But then also contact your local government agencies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I set up a Nursing Home Care Agency using my own home in the UK? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I set up a Nursing Home Care Agency using my own home in the UK?

Learning Disabilities [ 5 Answers ]

Excuse me I have destroyed your time. I am Vidya Badal, female, aged 17 years, live at Banepa Kavre district in Nepal. We are four in family. I am elder one. Recently I have finish high school education and join proficiency certificate level (PCL) nursing In Shraddha Nursing Institute. I paid Nrs...

Learning disabilities ADD [ 2 Answers ]

My son is a struggling 21 year old college student. He has been having a difficult time staying focused and on task resulting in poor grades. We have tried conventinal medications, Concerta and Ritalin. The side effects, sleeplessness irritabiltiy, and loss of appitite have made him discontinue...

Learning disabilities [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My son,age 9 years old seems to have problem doing his schoolwork ,it seems he does not want to study .though he plays around well in computer games .he is of shy nature and does not open up easily.he lacks concentration also .anyone who can help me? v:confused:

Learning Disabilities [ 1 Answers ]

How do you know when you have a learning disability when you get older

View more questions Search