Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Summer_ks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 05:25 AM
    H1-B and 1099
    Hi,

Currently I am with H1-B and 2 days back, I have subscribed to one unfranchise business. That business will send me 1099 quarterly. Now I just found out by surfing web that I cannot get extra income (1099) while I am from H10-B.

But since I just subscribed to that biz, I do not have any income yet. Just some expenses for subscription fees.

So how should I proceeed. I plan to cancel that biz subscription.

Is it going to impact my GC application and H1-B status?

Thanks,
    Ko
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Dec 6, 2006, 06:53 AM
    Yes, you can close your contact with this company and yes there might be a cancellation fee and no it will not effect your H1-B status. I cannot think of a reason why it should effect your status as a H1-B.
    Summer_ks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LUNAGODDESS
    Yes, you can close your contact with this company and yes there might be a cancellation fee and no it will not effect your H1-B status. I cannot think of a reason why it should effect your status as a H1-B.
    I think I confused you in my previous question. Since I subscribed to that biz, and normally they send 1099 if I accrued commission. But now I don't get any commission since I joined 2 days ago.

So my question was at the time of tax filing, it's going to affect my H1 status since I subscribed to that biz.

I have another question. Since I do not get any income(actually it's a commission based biz), they will not send me 1099MISC,right?

In the worst case, if they send me the form, how should I proceed?

Thanks,
    K
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 6, 2006, 04:35 PM
    K:

If you make NO income, for sure they will NOT send you a Form 1099. In fact, Form 1099 is not required until the annual income level hits $600.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get both a W2 and 1099 [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a member of a large anesthesiology group. The income structure is identical for all members of the group. We bill in time based units on anesthesia services we deliver to the patient. Many in the group have assumed additional, uncompensated, roles. We have a board of directors who manages...

1099-g and 1099-int [ 8 Answers ]

Hi ATE, I am following this forum for last couple of months. It is a very good source of tax information. I am non-resident alien from India. I was on F1 (OPT) from Jan 06, 2005 to Nov 30, 2005. My H1B status started on Dec 01, 2005. I am filing 1040NR-EZ and Form 8843. I have received...

1099-g and 1099-int [ 1 Answers ]

HI ATE, Thank you for reply. I always thought that 1099-INT (Interest income) from non-business activity such as savings/checking account interest, deposit receipt interest or anything that comes under category 1099-INT is exempt for non-residents and should not reflect on 1040NR-EZ. What do...

1099-c [ 2 Answers ]

I have already received my refund for this year. After receiving my refund, I received a 1099-C form. I took it to my tax account and she said that the $65,340.71 in box 2 (it also listed interest in box 3 $9577.90), that I would have to pay taxes on, which is $14,000. I told her, isn’t my ex...

1099 and H1 [ 3 Answers ]

Thanks for your valuable help that you are giving to so many people. I need one help too. I am on H1. Can I work on 1099. Will this create any problems? Secondly. How may hours I can work on 1099 if I am allowed to? I am working 40/week on W2 with a consulting conpany on H1. I want to...

View more questions Search