Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 9, 2010, 11:46 AM
    Doctors vs. Gun Owners
    Doctors vs. Gun Owners

Doctors

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

Now think about this: Guns

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000

(Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths

Per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is

.000188. Statistics courtesy of FBI. So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.Remember, 'Guns don't ki11 people, doctors do.'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT Almost everyone has at least one doctor.

This means you are over 900 times more likely to be ki11ed by a doctor as a gun owner!!

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!! Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 9, 2010, 12:33 PM

I like your conclusions.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 08:21 PM

I would be the accident part, so smartly (for me) I don't own one.:)

I do how ever have a couple Doctors and aren't really fond of them either.:rolleyes:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 9, 2010, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
    Hello Cats:

Wow. If guns are sooo safe, then maybe we oughta pass a Constitutional Amendment to make sure the government can't take 'em away... Oh, right... There already is one and it's not under threat, contrary to your recent email... As a matter of fact, the only thing Obama has done, or proposes to do, about guns since he took office is to STRENGTHEN gun owners rights.

Oh, yeah. This was a joke. Bwa, ha ha ha.

excon
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 10, 2010, 01:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Cats:

Wow. If guns are sooo safe, then maybe we oughta pass a Constitutional Amendment to make sure the government can't take 'em away.... Oh, right.... There already is one and it's not under threat, contrary to your recent email... As a matter of fact, the only thing Obama has done, or proposes to do, about guns since he took office is to STRENGTHEN gun owners rights.

Oh, yeah. This was a joke. Bwa, ha ha ha.

excon
    What email? Do I need to scan for trojans again? I haven't sent any.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 10, 2010, 02:03 AM
    Firearms Death Rate (per 100,000, age adjusted) for Selected Countries in one year between 1990 and 1995 (Krug, Powell and Dahlberg, 1998)

Firearms Deaths by Mode of Death for Children <15 Years of Age

twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 12, 2010, 04:12 PM

Phew! I'm safe on this as I don't own a gun or go to ANY doctor. Now I'm certainly NOT going to go to any doctor in the future as I do not wish to be a statistic or "accident". Got to watch those accident doctors - they are downright dangerous.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2010, 12:38 PM

Speaking of doctors reminds me of the show house which I like to watch but I can't because my cable has been out for the past 4 weeks and I can't ever remember to call. Seeing this reminded me to call and I finally did and I now have to be at home to do some trouble shooting and they will end up saying they have to send a technician and will charge me a lot of money. I am now severely depressed, but nice joke.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No fault doctors [ 1 Answers ]

How can I go about finding an orthopedic surgeon who accepts no fault cases

Where will all the doctors come from? [ 59 Answers ]

OK, all you Obama fans. When he creates another monster with Nationalized health care, and 40 million people can suddenly go to the doctor, that aren't going to the doctor now, where are all these doctors going to instantly appear from? Kind of makes you scratch your head, huh?

Running out of doctors [ 13 Answers ]

I am a 38 yr old female, started having symptoms of carpal tunnel back in Feb. it took 2 hands to brush my teeth, sent for test and it came back negative,doc gave cortizone shot and symptoms left, pain went to neck/shoulder area,severe muscle spasms,doc gave shot no help,sent for massage therapy,no...

Doctors misconduct [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any laws concerning what a doctor can NOT DO to a patient. The other day my doctor for my lower back had me turn around with my back to him, he lifted my calf legnth dress and fixed my rolled down underwear. I had no idea he was going to just lift my dress up. I was very embarrassed and...

Went to the doctors ! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi every one just to let you all know that I went to the doctors today and yeah I am preggy. Thank you for every one who has been helping me with my questions.

View more questions Search