Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joanriggin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 10:30 AM
    How much income can a 501c3 organization take in each year without paying taxes?
    Is there a limit on income from rentals or fund raisers to keep the 501(C) (3).
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 8, 2010, 11:41 AM

I don't believe a 501(c)(3) organization pays taxes. Keeping the 501(c)(3) designation involves proving that you are or a supporting a charitable organization. You are required to file financial statements annually so your status can be reviewed. If its found that you are raising money and not disbursing it or using it improperly, you will lose the 501(c)(3).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2010, 01:35 PM

Any income that does not come from donations or income not related to charity work is taxable. For example if our church bought and owned a shopping mall, we would have to pay taxes on any of that income

That is how our accountant has explained it in laymen terms to me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Much Can I Make without Paying Income Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I have hired a new babysitter, who is concerned about having to file income taxes. What would be the maximum income she could make in 2010 without having to file taxes?

How Much Can I Make without Paying Income Taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I get $348.00 pension from my late husband. I get this amt in one year. I am on SSI for the rest of my income. Do I need to file taxes on this money?

501c3 Organization [ 2 Answers ]

Who can demand to see an organizastions 501c# By-Laws and Constitution? General public or members only of the organiation?

Paying taxes on 1099 income [ 3 Answers ]

I have a regular, full-time salaried position, but just started a business as an independent contractor (1099). I am about to receive my first commission earning and realize that I will need to file taxes. How much can I expect to pay in taxes (percentage)? Is it based on how much I make a year...

View more questions Search