Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abuhmeid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 01:40 AM
    Connect LCD TV to blu ray player to 5.1 speaker
    Hi

I have a Sony LCD TV http://www.sony.co.za/product/klv-40s400a , I want to buy http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langI d=-1&productId=8198552921666077660#overview
    And http://in.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=789&product=140 90&nav=1&listby=usage

Are they compatible, and which cables are needed to connect them and how?
    abuhmeid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 02:44 AM
    Connect LCD TV to blu ray player to 5.1 speaker
    Hi

I have a Sony LCD TV klv-40s400a, I want to buy blu ray player and creative 5.1 speakers

FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2010, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by abuhmeid View Post
    Hi

I have a Sony LCD TV klv-40s400a, I want to buy blu ray player and creative 5.1 speakers

Your link for the sound system is broken.

Please post the model number of the sound system.

You'll need an HDMI cable to connect the Blu-ray player to the TV. And depending on the sound system, you'll need either a fiber optic cable, a digital coax cable (any RCA cable), or stereo audio cables (any pair of RCA cables). This also depends on if you have anything else to be connected to the TV. Cable, satellite, antenna, gaming units, etc.

So please post the model number of the sound system, and make/models of anything else you are connecting.
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

May 8, 2010, 10:11 PM

Your links were all broken, but I managed to find the two Sony manuals and the Creative website (no manual available for the speakers).

The Creative site is terrible, and omits important information about the speakers - are they active or passive?

They're probably all active, but in any event it's immaterial, as the Blu Ray and TV don't support analogue multi-channel anyway (stereo only).

If you particularly want surround sound, you're going to have to buy a surround receiver. Make sure it has Toslink and/or coax S/PDIF inputs, and includes internal decoding for Dolby Digital and DTS surround. Then you'll need a set of surround speakers (all passive, except the sub-woofer). Don't buy anything intended for computer use (like the lousy Creative stuff) - you'll be disappointed in the sound level and quality.

You'd then connect the Blu Ray to the TV via an HDMI cable, and to the surround receiver via a Toslink cable.

Daniel
    diazed129 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    -

May 17, 2010, 07:30 PM

The link is broken, I can't see anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting LCD TV and blu-ray player to a 5.1 speaker surround sysytem [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I've recently bought a 47 inch LG LCD TV (LH5000), a Sony BDPS360 blu-ray player, and a Panasonic SC-PT470E B-K 5.1 DVD cinema surround system. What I want to do is connect my TV and blu-ray player to my cinema surround system, but I am not sure what cables/leads I need to do this? I...

Connecting a Blu-ray Player to the Internet [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to connect my blu-ray player to the internet so it can get updates. I would like to keep it connected in the TV stand so I am looking at doing it wireless. There is a LAN connection in the back of the player. What are my options? Do I need a wireless router? Some sort of adaptor?

Blu ray electronics [ 1 Answers ]

What is involved in hooking up blu ray dvd players? Is it any different than hooking up a regular dvd unit?

Samsung Blu-ray DVD player will not read disk [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Samsung Blu_ray DVD player model BD-P1000 that suddenly will not read any disk at all, instead it displays the message "disk error". Does any body have similar experience and know what is wrong with it? I have some electronic repair experience, just need some hint as to where the...

Blu-Ray vs hd-dvd [ 3 Answers ]

Didn't know where to post this, there is nothing under computers and tech for other tech. Does anyone else feel like the hd-dvd commercials during the superbowl and the price drop on the hd-dvd players was one last desperate attempt to get a market share in the high def movie market? I mean...

View more questions Search