Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fitoboi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 11:05 PM
    Open limit switch indicator light
    I have a goodman furnace and just the other night I noticed the house wasn't heating, I checked the furnace and the indicator light suggested vent blockage checked the vent stack that leads to chimney and found 2 dead birds in stack removed them and started furnace, thought I had it fixed. All worked fine for about 5-8 minutes. Then kept cutting itself on and off again every 5 min. indicator light now says open limit switch/check limit switch.
    Don't have manual. What am I looking for? Where would it be? If I find it, what do I do? Appreciate any advice I can get! Thanks
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2006, 05:08 PM
    Check filters and blower, plugged evaporator coil or secondary heat exchanger. Furnace is overheating because not enough air is going through it to keep it cool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Led says open limit switch [ 9 Answers ]

I'm sorry but I don't know what brand of furnace I have. so here's the problem... a couple of days ago I noticed my furnace was blowing cold air so I went to check to see if the pilot was out... well I have and automatic ignitor. So I carefully followed the instructions for resetting the furnace....

Open Limit Switch on B18099-13. Help! [ 6 Answers ]

I have a furnace with the B18099-13 control board. The fan blows constantly whenever power is applied. The status LED on the control board indicates "OPEN LIMIT SWITCH" Where are the two limit switches located? On board or off? Are there any tricks, quick-fixes, or "band-aids" for this...

Garage Door open indicator [ 4 Answers ]

We have just moved into a new house with an attached garage. It’s been nice weather so we have been leaving the door open. However we have forgotten to close it when we go to bed at night. We live in a fairly safe neighborhood. We should just check to see if its closed each night but I thought...

Open limit switch on Concord Gas Furnace [ 14 Answers ]

I have a Concord 80 Plus Gas Furnace. I am starting the furnace for the winter and it gives me a LED code of open limit switch or limit switch circuit. Everything seems to work fine up until the point where the blower needs to turn on. I had the same problem last year but got a tech to fix it. I am...

Limit Switch - Pressure Switch [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Folks, This weekend I've been playing with a heating system at my new apartment and I'm trying to figure out what the different componets do. I kind of followed the circuit but still have some missing links... 1-There are some terminals on the furnace's circuit board labeled LIMIT. The...

View more questions Search