Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 6, 2010, 09:04 PM
    I'm so frustrated!
    Windows 7, FYI.

Okay, I have to write a paper for my final project.

The paper is actually made up of several worksheets re-done to form a cohesive whole.

When I was first putting it all together, I created lines using ****<enter>

I can't get rid of two of those lines! The others went away when I either deleted or backspaced around them. These last two are at the bottom of 2 different pages, and they won't go away!

I can't highlight them, I can't move them, I can't seem to affect them at all, though when I type, they seem to move automatically to the end of a paragraph. HELP! They need to be gone, and I can't figure out how to get rid of them!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2010, 09:09 PM
    Yup. Been there, done that. Can't remember how I got rid of them. Let me check in Word and get back to you soon.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2010, 09:35 PM
    Here I am again.

Go to Format --> AutoFormat. Click Options button. Window called AutoFormat pops up. Click AutoFormat As You Type tab. Uncheck Border Lines. Click OK.

Can you get rid of the two lines now?
    Expert

May 6, 2010, 09:55 PM

Nope.

Took me forever to FIND the formatting options.

Why the heck did they have to go change to those stupid ribbons, anyway? I feel like I have to re-learn Office all over again.
    Expert

May 6, 2010, 09:58 PM

Gah, figured it out.

I literally had to highlight it, then go to the borders button under "paragraph" and change it to "no borders".

Which is almost what you said, so that's how I found it... but seriously--I hate this new version of Word.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frustrated [ 43 Answers ]

Mans' views on God, and all the many religions seem misconstrued to me, aren't we missing the point? Why does it matter which religion we chose? I think Men have messed up religion, they've bent and twisted it for their own devices. 1. Many "Faith Healers" have been shown to be complete...

I'm so frustrated [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: :mad: o.k so to start of... I have 2 boys and I am trying on my third... however... I have been trying for a year and three months <<<<?? <<<<and I just can't get pregnant... I had a misscarriage a year ago... and sense then I can't get pregnant... im with the same partner and I have been...

Very Very Frustrated. [ 3 Answers ]

:mad: I am 10 days late receiving my period. I have taken a HPT and had a blood test done, both negative. I am 30yo and trying to conceive a baby. I have been very regular receiving my periods 28 to 29 day. I have not had any S&S of being pregnant. Should I seek my doctor or should I want for...

So frustrated [ 3 Answers ]

OK I am very frustrated I am trying to get preggy on #3 and I can't seem to get it , we have sex when I have the "dicharge and we calcuate all around the ouvalting dates and even when it is not , we dont ahve sex evey day so "he can build up" i am just getting nervous , i know we can do it thats a...

Why is he so frustrated with me? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I broke up a week ago and I feel that he hates me now. Anything I say or do he gets so frustrated with me and I don't understand. For example, I called his mom because we were somewhat close (she treated me almost like her own daughter) and said "guess what.... dont tell Justin (my...

View more questions Search