Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 9, 2010, 09:43 PM

Mred

Romans 12:

17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"[d]says the Lord. 20On the contrary:
    "If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
    if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
    In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."[e] 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

It is perfectly understandable that you are hurt by this guy, angry, and perfectly human to want revenge - to see him get his. I'm not sure about JW doctrine, but since accepting God in faith, you are called to be more than just human. God forgives us for our sin. God loves us before we love God. 1 john 4. That being the case, the first step in healing is asking God to help your pain and to help you FORGIVE this guy and let go of the anger that controls your thoughts and emotions. This may take some time but it is what God has done for our own sins.

If you are in a church that expects people to be sinless, perfect : run away !

Mark 2:17

17On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

About words, read James 3, Proverbs 10:19.

G&P
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 07:06 AM

mred,

My advise? keep your mouth shut and if there really is something evil that needs to be revealed.. let GOD do the revealing.

Incidentally gossip is ALSO a sin. Something the Lord frowns on pretty bad. Check out what happened to Miriam, Moses sister when she gossiped about the wife of Moses.

Use wisdom, say nothing and if your church really says they are weeding out the "rotten ones", find another church. That isn't scriptural... AT ALL.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jun 26, 2010, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mred View Post
    My ex has recently been baptized in his new faith but has been acting in violation of Biblical principles being taught in his congregation. He is committing fornication by sleeping wtih women he is not married to and such an act is enough grounds for him to be disfellowshipped. I confided to one religious sister about this and she strongly advised me to report this to congregational elders for investigation and discipline measures. You see, I just broke up with my ex and despite my desire to move on, I feel obliged by my faith (we share the same faith) to report his behavior. He would definitely know if he gets investigated that I am responsible for notifying the congregation and Im afraid he might think Im still bitter about our relationship and worse, he might deny his acts and refuse discipline from the congregation. Worst, he might just stop pursuing his faith. I am torn now if I should just keep silent or continue wtih reporting his behavior. Am I doing more harm than good for reporting him?

No, You should not report him. It's not your business and it's not the elders business. This is between him , his conscious and his god. Investigation ? Disciplinary action? If he was your minister that was being paid by you for leadership, yes. Being a fellow congregationalist ? No way.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jun 26, 2010, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    mred,

My advise?, keep your mouth shut and if there really is something evil that needs to be revealed..let GOD do the revealing.

Incidently gossip is ALSO a sin. Something the Lord frowns on pretty bad. Check out what happened to Miriam, Moses sister when she gossiped about the wife of Moses.

Use wisdom, say nothing and if your church really says they are weeding out the "rotten ones", find another church. That isn't scriptural....AT ALL.
    Guess what Classy T ? I agree with you 100% !:)
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2010, 09:37 PM

Cozyk,

And people don't believe in miracles... ha ha. ;)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2010, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Cozyk,

and people don't believe in miracles...ha ha. ;)

mred;
    You are not his judge, God is. There are no big sins or little sins. Gossiping to another one of the Church members is a sin. Stirring up strife in the church is a sin. " Ye who is without sin cast the first stone."I don't think anyone of your church members would or could throw any.
    tgshcc Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 3, 2010, 03:03 PM
    Jehovah's Witnesses are required to live by example. While no one is perfect, a direct violation of God's Law re: fornication must be dealt with, in order for him to start again with a clean conscious, and to ensure that the reputation of the Christian congregation not to be dirtied.
    I am also scriptually divorced (according to the Bible, Jesus stated the only way that marriage could be dissolved to allow remarriage is adultery) and it is understandable for someone to feel hurt, angry and resentful when someone has committed adultery. Time will help, along with help from your family and friends.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2010, 03:11 PM

If fornication is to be dealt with then bring all the following before the church. Liars, thieves, idolaters, murderers, gossipers, false prophets, whore mongers and whores, people who miss church, haters, double minded people, disobedient children. There wouldn't be anyone left sitting in the pews, myself included.

I love the Lord and I know he loves me and he has been so good to me. It's not up to anyone to judge anyone and gossip about them. Sin is sin. God Forgives. When you break one commandment , you break them all.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2010, 03:23 PM
    Complicate it all you want.

My ex wife had a long term affair with a married man.

If find it unbelievably distasteful that she, on one hand, wants a more transparent life, closer to God... and on the other, is probably secretly wishing he abandons his family and vows to be with her.

I don't get it.

It doesn't matter.

Deep breath in and deep breath out.

Stay out of his bedroom. Stay out of his life. Its just better for you.

I understand that really believing sometimes compells us, even demands of us, to do things we might not want to do because we are called to...

Look... we are flawed. Who doesn't come to any faith with issues to work out? That's not a pass to be an idiot... but it is his job to follow his faith, uh, faithfully... step away and focus on yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

From Religious Affiliation to No Religious Association [ 17 Answers ]

I just wanted to know if there are people here who have chosen to leave a certain religious community and did not replace it with another...like going from Christianity to atheism for example... If so, what was it like to tell your family? Did they push you away, try to change you, or accept...

Can the mortgage company still report a foreclosure on my credit report ? [ 6 Answers ]

In 2005 I filed bankruptcy and did not reaffirm my mortgage. I am walking away from my house 2010 - can the mortgage company still report a foreclosure on my credit report now, in 2010, even though I am not longer responsible and it was included and is already on my credit report as forgiven back...

Failure to report auto and false report form to probation officer [ 3 Answers ]

I know now what my probation officer is charging me with failure to report a truck that was purchased for me and saying a false report forms and failure to report What can happen to me

What symbol is this? Religious? Never seen it before [ 8 Answers ]

Anyone know what symbol this is? Thanks

Religious problems [ 7 Answers ]

Hi guys, I love my fiancé so much and he loves me the same. The only problem is that he is form a muslim background but he is a christian. The only person in his family that's a muslim is his dad. My mom is so bent on the fact that once a muslim, always a muslim. Ive told her times without number...

View more questions Search