Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

May 5, 2010, 07:39 PM
    LEXMARK X75 Need to UpGrade!
    I have Windows XP.

I have a Lexmark X75 All-in-One printer/scanner/copier and I'm looking at reviews on Amazon and some start at 2003 which reminds me did I really have this printer that long?:eek:

The set up was easy and I used it a couple of times and it was OK, I have not used this printer in years so now I'm trying and the paper is jamming, the cartridges are new but the icon on the screen says there empty.

What would be a good printer for me that's compatible with Window's XP?

One with nice speed, holds a good amount of ink, for medium use, I will perhaps be using it daily or every other day, nice print out in both color and black and white.

Any idea's?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

May 6, 2010, 06:03 AM

Stick with Lexmark (I'm biased, I used to work for Lexmark).

All the current AIO products are compatible with Win XP.

May 6, 2010, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donf View Post
    Stick with Lexmark (I'm biased, I used to work for Lexmark).
    All the current AIO products are compatible with Win XP.
    Well what the heck do I do with this one then?
    I don't know where to get it fixed but I'm thinking since I had it for so long I want a new one that is faster and holds more ink, which LEXMARK do you suggest based on my needs?

What AIO are you using currently?
    Where is the best place to purchase? Best Buy? Or online?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2010, 07:23 AM

I have an X8350, which is a few years old (probably no longer available). Works great on XP with a 15' USB cable. I can also fax, as it is also connected to my phone line.

I believe the newer Lexmarks can print on both sides of the paper, which is pretty cool.

Since I've not been in the market for a printer for a while, I don't have a specific suggestion, but I'd look at Lexmark's website and pick the model that seems to do what you want. Then, wait for an office superstore to have that model on sale. You can also go in and play with it a lot of times.

Best of luck,
    WallyH

P.S. There is not much you can do with an old piece of computer equipment--regardless of what it is. I'd say donate if it works, recycle if it does not.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 15, 2010, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    Well what the heck do I do with this one then?
    I don't know where to get it fixed but I'm thinking since I had it for so long I want a new one that is faster and holds more ink, which LEXMARK do you suggest based on my needs?

What AIO are you using currently?
    Where is the best place to purchase? Best Buy? or online?
    How much do you want to spend? Staples is running a promotion offering a $50 trade in on ANY printer, but you have to be buying an expensive one.

HP is the giant of the printer market. They sell more printers than ALL their competitors combined. They also have one of the best cost per page ratios. When you say holds more ink, do you mean so that you need to change the cartridges less often or that it costs less per page?

Also how often do you use the printer and w2hat types of things do you print? Mostly documents, photos, what?

May 15, 2010, 08:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    How much do you want to spend? Staples is running a promotion offering a $50 trade in on ANY printer, but you have to be buying an expensive one. HP is the giant of the printer market. They sell more printers than ALL their competitors combined. They also have one of the best cost per page ratios. When you say holds more ink, do you mean so that you need to change the cartridges less often or that it costs less per page?Also how often do you use the printer and w2hat types of things do you print? Mostly documents, photos, what?
    That's what I ended up purchasing and HP Deskjet F4480 All-in-One Printer/Scanner/Copier (forget the Fax) from Wal-Mart.com So many printers to choose from, I just purchased one with good reviews:o

Just reading about the Lexmark printer I had and other printer complaints about ink running out and having to buy more every two weeks, they say the real money is in the cartridges not the printer, must be expensive to replace them. I printed out a few times when I first purchased and it worked fine but then I didn't print out anything in years, now it won't work and the ink was new but the screen icon says it's empty and the paper is jamming, it's practically a new printer that won't work! Like for it, I'm thinking time for a new one!

(I went to get more Ram in my computer and the guy at the computer place, me and him started talking and he asked me if I would help him sell excess merchandise, motherboards etc for him on eBay. I never sold on eBay before but I've bought plenty! So I know I'm going to need to print out Paypal slips! Lol)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lexmark X125 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I make a setting for my printer lexmark X125 to make it only print in black. I have even removed the color cartridge... I've gone into the settings menu and I have to select Black and white every time I wan to print something and then it defaults back to color once that job is done. Any...

Lexmark x75 [ 1 Answers ]

I can't install my all in one Lexmark x75, I can't find the CD installer.

Install lexmark x75 all in one printer [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had to reinstall windows xp and everything back on my computer,but now my printer will not print. I have tried reinstalling but it keeps telling me no drivers found. I do not remember whick disc it is to reinstall the printer or if I even have it. But when I was trying to reinstall I...

Can't install lexmark x75 all in one printer [ 1 Answers ]

I do not have the install cd for the all in one printer what should I do??

Need help reinstalling Lexmark X75 All in One [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, I am new to the forums here. I came here to learn how to fix my own PC problems instead of spending ridiculous money on programmers. And with that, I have come to my first dilemma. I am trying to re-install my Lexmark X75 All in One printer, and I have been nothing but unsuccessful. I...

View more questions Search