Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bidingmytime Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

May 4, 2010, 10:40 AM
    Business - What is a "Cold-cut over"?
    Here is the word in a sentence: The client implementation strategy involved a "cold-cut over".

It's not on the internet, anyone ever heard this term before?
    Rover88 Posts: 68, Reputation: 14

May 4, 2010, 01:57 PM

Haven't heard it phrased quite like this, but, being in the tech field, my guess is that client is going from one system to another (data network, phone system, software package). Normally, for safety, we like to bring the new system up in parallel to the old, verify/validate functionality, then "cut over" to the new system. Looks to me like the vendor is betting this will work and is just cutting over with no fallback/redundancy. Depending on the circumstances, this may be all well and good.
    Bill
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 4, 2010, 03:26 PM

Depends on the context and the business the client is in. This term is used with data storage and also machinery. Do you know more about the business?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of artist that sings "Cut the Crap Go Back Where We Felled" [ 3 Answers ]

The song is a duet from the late 80s or early 90s and the first few lines goes like this: Girl u better stop it being so jealous our love will not last. And u beter stop it arguing the moment I step into the room. I remember when we used to make love girl. We would rock through the night... ...

Purchased vxss6spd for $25000 THEN a repairer discovered vehicle was a "Cut n Shut" [ 2 Answers ]

Im trying to find out if the car yard I purchased my 6 speed VVSS from is legally obligated to compensate me, after I discovered the vehicle had previously been involved in a serious collision, and that in actual fact the vehicle was the result of what they call a "cut & shut" the car has major...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

View more questions Search