Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by successhelper View Post
    This is a 120-page manual with lots of screenshots and videos that teaches a person how to make a website from scratch step-by-step.
    Can I have a direct link to that PDF please?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 12:36 PM
    The link is on the following site, NK.

LINK
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    The link is on the following site, NK.

LINK
    That's not a direct link to a download. I know his site. He won't be back to give me the link I can guarantee you that.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 12:45 PM
    The download link on the site only gives the first 20 pages anyway.

I think that I've seen links to that same site posted on this site previously.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 12:50 PM
    He's trolling for email addresses for his database to sell something. That's my point.
    successhelper Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2010, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    That's not a direct link to a download. I know his site. He won't be back to give me the link I can guarantee you that.
    Hi "NeedKarma",

You never know... :)

I've been thinking about your request and I've come back.

It is against the terms of usage outlined by the author of the book to post direct links on the web. The ebook can be given away to one's newsletter subscribers. That's what the opt-in form on my website is for. But I can give you the direct link to the first 20 pages of the book, if that helps:
    http://www.successhelper.com/first20pages.pdf

(BTW, thank you, Clough, for your tip - I didin't like the name "teaser" either, but that's the way the file was named on the author's site, to which he allowed to provide a direct link. I have now uploaded the 20 pages to my own server and gave the file a more 'neutral' name.)

Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    He's trolling for email addresses for his database to sell something. That's my point.
    Tut-tut, NeedKarma... Can't do that:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/faq.ph...aq_disparaging

By the way, I am not a "he"... LOL! My name is Natalia, I am a housewife and I have been earning a decent living online for the past few years. I thought my post would help, but apparently I was mistaken. Plus, I should have read the rules more carefully and realized that it was not allowed to post about a product or a service that you are associated with, no matter how helpful you think that might be. I apologize! I certainly didn't mean to cause any trouble or step on anybody's toes.

I recommend that you should Google "Chris Farrell" and/or "Create Your First Website By 3:45 This Afternoon" and take it from there.

OK, nothing more to do here, folks, it's life back to normal!

Cheers! :-)
    ~Nat
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2010, 06:59 PM
    It is against the terms of usage outlined by the author of the book to post direct links on the web.
    No such thing exists if you understood the web. If you can post a link to those terms it would educate me.

The ebook can be given away to one's newsletter subscribers. That's what the opt-in form on my website is for. But I can give you the direct link to the first 20 pages of the book, if that helps:
    http://www.successhelper.com/first20pages.pdf
    That's not what you said here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/2383890-post14.html
    This is my personal website where I am giving away a free eBook called "Create Your First Website By 3:45 This Afternoon" written by Chris Farrell. This is a 120-page manual with lots of screenshots and videos that teaches a person how to make a website from scratch step-by-step.
    There's no "opt-in" there. And you said 120 pages not 20.

Tut-tut, NeedKarma... Can't do that:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/faq.ph...aq_disparaging
    This site doesn't suffer advertisers and MLM types well.

... and/or "Create Your First Website By 3:45 This Afternoon" and take it from there.
    As you know no one earns a "decent living online" by simply creating a website. More details on the revenue would be needed. Can you tell us all?
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2010, 11:50 PM
    Very true, NK! Much more information is needed concerning a lot of things here!

One thing that I'd like to know, successhelper, is what your definition of "free" is, please?

Everything that I've offered people on this site concerning giving advice to them has been freely given without the hint of my gaining anything monetarily in return.

Also, anything that I do for a living comes up very prominently on the first page and at least several pages after that when people do searches on the Internet for what I do, where I do it.

I've also proven a number of times, to be able to get one or more of my businesses or someone else's business on the first page of a Google search within minutes of posting something.

It's all free and the people that I help don't have to think that they've had to put out any money in order to do what I show them how to do.

How is what you offer for advice in just starting a website that gets excellent exposure better than that, please?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need someone to build my website [ 9 Answers ]

I am opening a lingerie store online does anyone know of a good business to make the website for me> Thanks

How to build a website? I new but keen [ 10 Answers ]

OK I have been for the past year or so wanted to build a website and run a forum, unfortunately I have NO idea about how to do it and where to start I did try looking on the internet but everyone just refers me to sites that sell web space (which is OK I I knew how to make a site and wanted the...

Easy tools to build flash sites like moonfruit? [ 4 Answers ]

Moonfruit is a hosting site that has tools that makes Flash websites really easy. Its basically just point and click and by far the best. Are there standalone software that is easy to use and does the same thing? Does not have to be flash. The link below are some sample websites. Also I've...

View more questions Search