Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Dec 5, 2006, 05:07 PM
    Sudden problem with jack russell
    Hello. This morning I came home from work and my jack russell was sleeping with my wife like usual. When I came in the room I put him on the floor to go outside and use the bathroom but he just sat back down. When I would walk and call him to me he would stand but seem wobbly and stick a back leg in the air and sit back down. Now he is shivering like he is cold and won't get up to walk. I took him outside to go to the bathroom and he did so I picked up a stick to see if he would go after it like he usually does. He did run after but his back legs seem to kick funny and he wouldn't jump on the step when I tried to get him back in. When I carried him back in he walked long enough to get to the living room and has been laying down since. He is 3 yrs old and the first I've ever seen of this and I was just wondering if anyone might know what is going on?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2006, 05:17 PM
    Could be several things. Best thing is to get him to the vet.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Dec 5, 2006, 05:21 PM
    His feet are probably cold. But, just to be safe, see a vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jack Russell toilet training! [ 6 Answers ]

We have a jack russell who we "adopted" from a lady who kept him in a small flat. He wasn't toilet trained and he just will not learn! We leave paper on the floor, take him for regular walks, and we've even tried leaving the back door open at night (our german shepherd would scare off any would-be...

Sudden Changes in her. [ 3 Answers ]

Well we been married for almost 8 years and we have a son of 4 years old, in all this years we were very good in all the parts of our family, we shared everything and like I said no problems at all, until one day we got in a very heated fight and we ended there, she went back to her mother house...

Dach Russell with crooked front legs [ 1 Answers ]

Our 2 year old Dacshound and Jack Russell cross is doing well, healthy, energetic, and fun. What has us concerned is that his front legs are so bowlegged and turned out to such a degree that his feet turn completely sideways... in ballet it would be first position. He doesn't seem to have a problem...

About my jack russell [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old darling jack russell. He just got a rabie shot yesterday. March 5. today he is very calm, and quite, he won't eat or drink. He just sleeps. Is this the reaction to the rabie shot. Please someone answer my question. This is my first dog. I am elderly. Got him for a...

Jack Russell turned vicious & won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

Our 15+ year old Jack Russell ***** has attacked our 15+ year old Golden Retriever ***** 6 times now. Last attacked resulted in bad bite to the Jack's nose. We have cleaned the wound and treated it with antibiotic cream and she is resting but still will not eat or drink. She looks like she is in...

View more questions Search