Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauran67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Is there something to put on top of EDPM roofing?
    We recently had the roof on the addition part of our 1907, Victorian four-square re-done. My husband put on and EPDM rubber roof. What I was not aware of was that it was going to stay that way and that it was for flat, commercial roofs. I am curious if there are any materials to put over the top of it to make it look more traditional and fit with the style of the home - because right now it looks awful.

Any help would and/or suggestions would be appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 4, 2010, 09:02 AM

"to put over the top of it to make it look more traditional and fit with the style of the home - because right now it looks awful.
    " Wrong materials used is a waste of money. If you want it to look like the rest of the house then use the same type of shingle. What is on the rest of the building?
    lauran67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 09:35 AM
    Traditional shingles are on the rest of the house and duh - that would have been the correct thing to do to start with.
    However, if you read my question - the dilemma is that the EDPM got put on and now I need to find a solution to make it fit more with the style of the house, without wasting the EPDM - soooo, is there something that can be put over the EPDM without wrecking it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I unlock a roll top desk - top part? [ 3 Answers ]

Ow do I unlock a roll top desk - top part?

Steps to put metal roofing over shingled roof [ 1 Answers ]

Please someone help this beginner. I have a house with one layer os asphalt shingles, I want to know the exact steps to putting a metal panel roof over existing roof. Thanks you so much.

IB Roofing (pvc) vs. CertianTeed Roofing [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons between these two roofing materials. I am in charge of having a roof replaced for our city council. We have had several contractors come in and give us estimates and its down between these two. Both are at the same cost. This is going on a building with a flat...

Icons on the desk top won't stay put [ 9 Answers ]

I have windows XP service pack 2. I want my desk top icons to stay where I put them. When I restart the computers they go back to the left. I do not have lock to desk top or align to grid checked.

Can I back up my desk top onto my lap top? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a desk top and a lap top which have wireless connection to the internet. My lap top has no ethernet port and my desk top has no infra red. Can you suggest how I can use my lap top to back up my desk top? Would USB to USB work?

View more questions Search