Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    digitalpictures Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 06:05 AM
    How much to install electric going to the shed
    How much will it cost me to get an electrician to install electricity into my shed. The shed is 50 feet from the house breaker panel. I would like it install under ground. I'll be running a light compressor battery charger and wood working tools.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 4, 2010, 01:39 PM
    We cannot help with pricing.

We do not know where your located, what the labor costs are in that area, what permits fees and insurances cost, and cost of materials.

Contact 2 or 3 contractors and ask for estimates for the same scope of work.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 4, 2010, 03:29 PM

That and we don't know the draw for your equipment. Some tools pull 1 amp while my table saw pulls 10 amps all by itself. I'd suggest you get two prices from 3 local contractors. Ask them to price a properly gauged cable with 120 vac and then ask how much more for 240. Shops tend to grow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to install a washer and a gas dryer outside in a shed [ 1 Answers ]

We are moving and there is no washer or dryer hookups. There is a shed and we wanted to have our washer and gas dryer in it. Is it possible? Also, do we have to have a water heater and hot water hose even if we only was with cold water?

Need to install electric dryer but. [ 11 Answers ]

I have an old GE TM1010 panel which only two spaces available from the same hot bus bar. My question is would I be better off installing two tandem breakers in order to free up a space for a 30A double pole CB or to install a subpanel. Specific info: House is just under 2000 square feet. ...

Running electric to shed [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I am running electric to a back shed. It is about 180' from the panel in the house. The shed will have little load. Lighting is about 600 watts or about 5 amps. Some battery tenders and chargers. This is really about it.. I was thinking #8 THHN with a 50 amp breaker in the main...

Electric to outshide shed [ 3 Answers ]

I've got 200 Amp service in house.. what wiring am I going to need to get power out to shed to run a few outlets(3).. a few interior lights and decorative exteriors,landscaping lights and air compressor.. question on that compressor also.. Craftman Pro can run on either 110 or 220.. whats the...

View more questions Search