Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spanner5511 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 02:22 AM
    Central heating problem or water meter problem?
    We live in an apartment building and the individual water usage is measured by private water meters (mechanical). When the apartment was built, 2 years ago, some of the meters had been fitted the wrong way (in reverse). Yesterday a plumber attended to rectify 3 meters. My 2 neighbours meters were exchanged bu mine he said would be OK to simply fit the correct way round. Since then my Junkers combi central heating boiler does not work. Co-incidence or is the meter damaged?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 4, 2010, 05:32 AM

Since then my Junkers combi central heating boiler does not work. Co-incidence or is the meter damaged?
    Is the water in the rest of the house affected? If the other fixtures are OK then it's more likely that the plumber allowed dirt to get in the water service and the boiler made the first draw pulling the dirt in the system and blocking it. Check and clear the boiler inlets for trash and debris.
    Good luck, Tom
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 4, 2010, 09:21 AM

Don't know what a Junkers Combi boiler is but if the system was open up or drained, could be an air lock in the heating system. Is there a schrader valve for letting air out of the system? If not probably have to have a knowledgeable person purge the heating system of air. Try heating and air conditioning site, maybe someone there can give better advice.
    worthit38 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2011, 11:19 AM
    When they were working on the water meters they could have gotten air in the lines and if they didn't bleed the if there's air in the line where it attaches to the boiler it won't operate right so now someone needs to bleed the air out of the boiler.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Electric Heat problem [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Rheem electric central heating system that when in the heat mode will not turn on the blower when the thermostat is in the auto position. The heat coils will come on but the blower will not come on unless I put the fan switch on the thermostat in manual position. I am trying to determine...

I have a water leak coming from my heating furnace. What could be the problem? [ 1 Answers ]

I just discovered a small pool of water coming from my heating furnace. It's not a lot of water but I'm concerned. The unit is only 5 years old. What could be the problem?

Central air conditioning problem [ 2 Answers ]

My central air conditioning unit seems to work well with normal air flow. On several occasions at night the inside coil has frozen allowing little air to pass. I have reset the thermostat to a higher setting allowing the coil to thaw and air flow returns to normal. The daytime temps have been in...

Problem with Carrier Central Heater [ 8 Answers ]

Central Heat will not come on unless I flip the breaker on and off in my garage. Then it will stay on until it reaches the temp set on thermostat. Then it shuts off and will not come back on, unless of course... I trip the breaker again.

View more questions Search