Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0eyvind Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 09:06 AM
    Acer netbook - wireless issues after getting AirPort Express
    Hello.
    I have an Acer Aspire One netbook which I used to use as an around-the-house-computer.
    Since we switched our router (Belkin G-series) to an AirPort Express, we've had interneteconnection issues. We are able to connect the Acer to the router, and it states that it has a strong connection (the router was placed 1 feet from the Acer). But we are unable to get online. I don't know if it is able to connect to our local network, is there a way I can check that?
    The Acer connects to the internet through other routers including our neighbours and our Belkin, but somehow not the AirPort.
    I'm not really sure what to do. Help would be greatly appreciated!
    0eyvind
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

May 4, 2010, 12:25 PM

Can you connect any other computer to the Airport Express and get out to the Internet?
    If not check to make sure that the IP address of the modem and the Airport are not the same if they are change one of addresses.
    0eyvind Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 01:17 PM

I am currently connected to the AirPort with my MacBook Pro and my iPhone, and I get internet acces on those.
    I have yet to see a Windows machine connected to it. Could there be a reason for that?
    MsKathe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2013, 08:41 PM
    I have the VERY SAME ISSUE... cell phones all work with airport, my laptop, the tablets and even the kindle.

ITS ODD:

because the NETBOOK says "connected to " and signal strength= EXCELLENT.

but NO WEB pages load.

WHen I try to "repair the connection" it doesnot update the IP address.

**also, I was told to change the RADIO channel from g.. n... b... or and I also was told to change the channels from channel 6, 36 (default) all this has done is increase my frustration.

The netbook says.. EXCELLENT signal... but no connectivity?? WTH?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless Network Conncectivity Issues [ 3 Answers ]

I recently bought an Asus G7 Laptop with an Atheros Wireless Network Adapter. The wireless connection was working fine, but stopped working about two days ago. I have turned the device off, then on again, but when I diagnose the issue through network connections it still tells me the device is...

I have an acer labtop and my wireless connection is excellent but I can't get on I.E [ 1 Answers ]

My wireless connection was working until I hooked the labtop to a home internet

Murtha Airport .Airport to nowhere [ 8 Answers ]

Throughout his terms in Congress the king of Pork ;Jack Murtha has managed to secure $150 million for an airport that averages 30 passangers a day .There are 18 flights per week, and all go to Dulles Airport in Washington DC. This is the John Murtha Johnstown-Cambria County Airport in Johnstown,...

Trouble with wireless connection-Acer Aspire 5315-2122 [ 1 Answers ]

I am at a friend's home and trying to connect to her wireless internet but, while my computer recognizes the network, it says "connected but with limited connectivity" and will not access the internet. The orange LAN light is on (sometimes blinking, sometimes steady) and I have typed in the correct...

Complex wireless network issues [ 9 Answers ]

Greetings to all: I've been installing computers and home/small business networks etc for several years, but not professionally, just off my own knowledge. One of my long-time clients has a very complex set up and for some ridiculous reason, has a tendency for his computers to become morbidly...

View more questions Search