Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Treasurer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 08:58 AM
    501c3 rules for bingo, gambling
    I am a Treasurer for a 501c3 organization. What are the rules for holding bingo, gambling as fund raisers for charatible purposes?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 3, 2010, 10:12 AM

The reguations depend on your particular state. In CA, for example, you have to register the event, and you're limited to the types of games you can play (no slot machines, for example). See: Bureau of Gambling Control - Charitable Gambling Registration Program - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General Do a Google search combining your state name and "charitable gaming" and you should be directed to a site with the specific regulations for your state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

501C3 rules and regulations [ 8 Answers ]

I have gone through pages upon pages of IRS docs and haven't found my answer so before my head explodes, I thought I would try here to hopefully get pointed in the right direction. I am the Captain of a 501C3 volunteer unit in our county that on occasion, assists law enforcement or fire as...

501c3 rules [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 501c3 to have a fund raiser solely for the purpose of making a donation to a different 501c3?

501c3 rules [ 2 Answers ]

Under 501c3 - What are the guidelines for giving a monetary gift to a family in Financial Need? What if one of the family is a board member?

501c3 rules membership [ 1 Answers ]

Among our other work, our organization has an online news, information and analysis website that covers the education arena. We would like to launch a membership drive to raise funds to support that site. Are their any restrictions around using the term "membership" to raise funds; and are we...

View more questions Search