Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdhaware Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 08:38 PM
    Retrieve computer serial number using actionscript in flash
    Please tell me the actionscript code in flash 5.0 to retrieve computer serial number or HDD serial number or any information which would be unique for a computer so that the flash exe file will run only on one computer.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2010, 10:33 AM
    You could just write a script that nabs some static info off the computer and generates your own HWID based on the variables pulled off the computer, such as mac address and/or a planted flash cookie with a unique ID. Or you could just write a script that pulls the windows HWID and stores it somewhere hashed, compare it against itself at startup, then if they put the software on any other computer it fails. On the other hand, if you are running any of this through a browser you will have an awful time as the browsers now-a-days (especially IE) tend to try and blocking that kind of stuff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I retrieve my lost federal identification number? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I retrieve my lost federal identificaion number for my small business?>

Serial Number Label [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to create a Serial Number program in Excel. I have the template designed and it is a 1 page document. I would like to type in the starting serial number and click File - Print and change the quantity to the number of serial numbers that I need. As each page prints I need the serial...

Flash ActionScript [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a flash movie. So far I'm able to create the buttons and play the sceens. Unfortunately, I need the user to click on the button which takes me to frame 2, but I need it to stop on frame 15, yet it keeps playing the scene until frame 85 which is the last frame. I have some course...

View more questions Search