Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Dec 5, 2006, 03:10 PM
    Clueless - Nintendo Help
    Hello - My 8 year old daughter is asking for a Nintendo video game this year for X-Mas. I am absolutely clueless! She said she wants a Nintendo DS so she can play a Cheetah Girls video game. I looked at there is a Cheetah Girls game, but it says it is for Nintendo Advanced. And to further my confusion, I bought her a Nintendo Game Cube.

So... for instance will a Nintendo DS game play on a Nintendo Advanced device? Or are the games specific to each device and therefore not inter-changeable?

Lastly, which Nintendo device would be most appropriate for an 8 year old (this would not be something she would be playing with for more than about 1/2 to 1 hour per day)?

Thanks so much!
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Dec 5, 2006, 05:03 PM
    You almost had it right. Game Boy Advance (or, as you call it, Nintendo Advance) games can be played on the Nintendo DS. But DS games will NOT play on a Game Boy advance. If you get a Nintendo DS, you can play DS and Game Boy advanced games, but on Game Boy advanced, only Game Boy games may be played. As for the Nintendo Gamecube, it can be considered one of the semi-hardcore videogame systems. In other words, this is serious. Although it has a variety of fun games, there are few games made directly toward girls. If you could, you might consider turning it back in for the money.

The DS is focused a little bit more toward the younger kids the age of your daughter.

But it sounds like your child is more focused on the cheetah girls than a game system. If I were you, I'd get your daughter something else related to The Cheetah Girls. But, if your daughter is real particular, I'd still go with the DS, for it has other games to offer, such as Nintendogs, a game based on raising puppies.
    Vivianna Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KMC6296
    Hello - My 8 year old daughter is asking for a Nintendo video game this year for X-Mas. I am absolutely clueless! She said she wants a Nintendo DS so she can play a Cheetah Girls video game. I looked at there is a Cheetah Girls game, but it says it is for Nintendo Advanced. And to further my confusion, I bought her a Nintendo Game Cube.

So ... for instance will a Nintendo DS game play on a Nintendo Advanced device? Or are the games specific to each device and therefore not inter-changeable?

Lastly, which Nintendo device would be most appropriate for an 8 year old (this would not be something she would be playing with for more than about 1/2 to 1 hour per day)?

Thanks so much!!
    I'm pretty sure that you can't play a DS game on an Advanced. You can however, play a Advanced on a DS. You should probably get her a DS because they are new and the Advances are obsolete. Most new games are for DS's. Gamecubes aren't handhelds, they hook up to the TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nintendo DS [ 1 Answers ]

DOES any one now about the game jump superstars on nintendo DS it's a HEAVY DS GAME:D but to me it seems only available in another country If anyone nows were to get this game in the uk please tell me I soooo want this game (want to see it for yourself check on Google "jump superstars"). ...

I am so clueless! [ 9 Answers ]

Ughh, I feel dumb even asking this, like I am 15 years old again (I'm actually 30), but it's been a long time since I've been in this situation and I am feeling uncertain here. I am not going into a long-winded explanation, so I will just give the basics. I have recently realized I have a crush on...

I am clueless, help me please... [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, I know that I keep asking questions, but I have been researching, and I am still concerned. I read that if you go off your birth control pill then you might miss a period. What I don't understand well what I am confused about is that I was off birth control for last month and I...

Clueless! WinXP won't install on IDE. Please HLP! [ 8 Answers ]

Goal: To install windows on an IDE drive, located on Primary IDE Master. Problem: When booting from the windows cd, it will do the initial install just fine (when it's in the CMD looking bootup). Then when it finishes and restarts the computer, it will boot into the same 'installing windows'...

View more questions Search