Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrm1310 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 12:15 PM
    Shower diverter cold is hot hot is cold
    New shower diverter only no tub. Plumber istalled valve ran lines etc. Now the walls are all closed up. However, when I put the trim on myself the cold is hot & the hot is cold. Did the plumber put the feed line on incorrect or is their a way to adjust or divert the water within the valve?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 2, 2010, 12:26 PM
    Hi Jrm:

What is the name brand of the valve? Is it a MOEN by chance? If so, you're in luck as these can be swapped around for cases like you are suggesting may be happening here. Let me know.

Have you tested the cold range to see if hot water is coming out the cold? Let me know here, too.

Back to you...

Mark
    jrm1310 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 07:38 AM
    Thanks for the response of my question here is a couple pictures I Don't think there is any hot mixed with the cold they seem to br exactly opposite
    Attached Images

massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 3, 2010, 03:54 PM
    Try the following and let me know what you find... OK?

Run the water until you get full hot... then reach through the black plate and see if you can touch the pipe on the left side of the valve. If this pipe is hot when hot water is running then you are all set... the valve handle may just turn in a way that suggests that the pipes are crossed even when they may not be. American standard and kohler make a couple valves like that... ;)

Otherwise, there is no way to simply swap out the parts to fix the issue... pipes would need to be changed around somehow.

Check the pipe as described above. Let me know what you find.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water in shower goes hot and cold [ 1 Answers ]

The shower runs hot and cold. I have a Boilermate 2000. I have replaced the heat exchanger and the problem was fixed for three days then the problem recurred. What else could be causing the shower water to run hot and cold? Regards Geoff2000

Different diverter leaks with hot and cold water [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Price Pfister three handle tub/shower faucet with two problems. One is just annoying, the other I must fix. When I turn the diverter to shower, hot water drips into the wall from somewhere in the center of the faucet assembly or above. I can see up into the wall from the basement but...

Low pressure in shower both hot and cold side. New hot water heater, new shower, [ 2 Answers ]

I have no water pressure in my new shower. I have a new hot water heater, new shower fixture, new plumbing. Please tell me what the problem is.

New mains shower, reasonably new Combi-boiler, but hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently had a new bathroom put in, with a mains shower (used to be electric). But now my shower keeps running hot-cold-hot-cold every minute or so. My bath tap and sink tap in the bathroom are running fine, it's just the shower. I was told this shouldn't happen as I have a combi-boiler but...

Shower Diverter - Hot/cold handles hard to turn [ 4 Answers ]

My shower has the standard 3 (not sure of brand) valve set up. All of the valve handles are very hard to turn and I am wondering is there a way of loosening any part of the stems to reduce the tension? I am not sure but I think a long time ago I read that when the stems are installed in a closed...

View more questions Search