Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scfisher Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 08:27 AM
    Uneven floor around closet toilet flange
    I am replacing the seal on my toilet and the subfloor is uneven around the closet flange. The toilet was originally placed on a seam in the subflooring--very small bathroom only place that the toilet would fit-I guess. What do I do know? Rubber shims? Is that going to work. I am replacing the seal because the toilet was rocking. I have a plywood subfloor with a linoleum floor.
    Thank you.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 2, 2010, 08:41 AM

Level toilet with shims. Use lead, copper of plastic shims. Look in tile department of home center and purchase little wedges for spacing wall tiles. Level toilet with shims. Mark location of shims. Remove toilet and tack shims in place with small, galvanized finish nails or silicone shims in place. Reset toilet.
    scfisher Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 08:53 AM

Thank you for a very quick response. I just bought some plastic shims and will shim it up. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No floor holding the toilet flange [ 3 Answers ]

The floor around the drain is gone.the flange has nothing to screw into I can see through to the basement,. it seems part of the floor is gone . What can I do without placing a new floor?

Hole in floor is larger than closet flange, and the flange may be too low [ 3 Answers ]

We recently put down ceramic tile in one of our bathrooms. A friend of ours did the job for almost nothing, as he had most of the required supplies left over from another job, including tile. Now there is water leaking from the base of the toilet. After scouring the DIY sites on the internet, I...

Closet flange below floor [ 1 Answers ]

First of all, great forum! I am installing a new toilet, but the floor has been built up over the years- two different times with 3/4 inch plywood panels. The original flange was never raised when this was done. I stand about 6'4" tall and my aim has gotten pretty good over the years, but as I age,...

Uneven flange below floor [ 2 Answers ]

When I am facing the wall with the fresh water supply line - here is the situation in the house I just moved into. The back tip of the toilet flange is level with the floor and the other half is about 1 and 1/2 inches below the floor level. The flange is 3inch PVC. One side of the flange is...

Closet flange on uneven slab [ 3 Answers ]

The cement within a ring of about 3 or 4 inches around the soil pipe is uneven. There is a slight grade up toward the pipe. The grade is about quarter to a half inch. Do I need to grind this down a little or do I try to float some leveling cement around the pipe to get a better area to put the...

View more questions Search