Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mudoh1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 07:12 AM
    What to do if air conditioner does not work
    Air conditioner was started with cover on outside compresser. Unit was on for two hours. Not working now
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 07:40 AM

May have a high pressure switch that tripped and needs reset, or if has a contol board or defrost board then the power may need rest at the indoor unit. If nether of these then you may have a more serious problem like no freon, or loss of a compressor. Does the fan outside even come on?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2010, 07:19 AM
    Could be very bad news or as simple as resetting a high pressure cut out, if the a/c was equipped with one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Air Conditioner Unit does not work [ 10 Answers ]

I'll try to keep this as short as possible but I've been fighting the problem for over a month now and it's getting a tad warm here in Las Vegas. My problem is very similar to MSdavid's. I had a similar problem last July and the A/C repair guy replaced the run capacitor which resolved the...

Central Air Conditioner Unit does not work and buzzes [ 3 Answers ]

My central air conditioner unit ( outside) does not work.. . When I apply power to the unit the fan does not turn on but the unit makes a buzzing sound every 15 seconds or so.. it sounds like it wants to start but cannot.. if I stand beside the unit, the fan does not turn but every 10-20 seconds I...

I have no idea how to work air conditioner [ 3 Answers ]

I am a new tenant and my landlord turned on the air conditioner but he could not tell me how to work it, can you please tell my what my settings should be it, my house is still very warm other than a small bathroom, I live in canada so I need to know the settings in metric. I really appreciate it...

Is my air conditioner start to not work [ 4 Answers ]

My air conditioner goes from cold air and normal air and sometimes a little bit worm in, like 10 minutes cold and like 5 normal or worm does, that means that is it I have to buy a new one?

Will air conditioner work if heating furnace is out? [ 1 Answers ]

Our propane heat furnace is no longer working and needs to be replaced. Will the air conditioner part of a central air/heat still work if we decide to use something other than central heat?

View more questions Search