Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KathrynS Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2010, 09:28 PM
    How to deal with horniness when husband is never home?
    Ok - so my husband is never home (I mean like maybe 1-2 days every 6-8 weeks) due to his work. I am SO horny and the toy store is not doing it for me. I was thinking of a boy toy but not had the guts to ask the guy since we work together. Any ideas?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2010, 09:32 PM

Why are the toy store not doing it ?

What type of work does hubby do ( truck driver perhaps)

May 1, 2010, 09:35 PM

Rubber just isn't the same as warm flesh... I get excited, but can't get quite done :(
    Expert

May 1, 2010, 09:45 PM

To fully get the best answers, and other relationship and sex experts will be coming and reading over the next few days.

What does hubby do over the time away, is he allowed girl toys to visit ? Is there some agreement the two of you have.

May 1, 2010, 09:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    To fully get the best answers, and other relationship and sex experts will be coming and reading over the next few days.

What does hubby do over the time away, is he allowed girl toys to visit ? Is there some agreement the two of you have.
    No agreement and he does not much of anything. He has said before he would not sleep with anyone else, but I'm considering it. Due to his schedule he pretty much is working or sleeping (even on breaks, he sleeps) so from what he's told me, he's just pretty "down" while away. I'm the one who is crawling up the walls - in particular on weekends, I'm home alone and have the energy to go, but no one to go with...
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

May 2, 2010, 01:20 AM

I have an idea: Don't cheat on your husband.

There are a lot of things you can do with all that built up energy. It's not just sexual energy, it can be a mix of a lot more. Before you go and create problems, try to do something else that voids the urges to sleep with another man.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 2, 2010, 01:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KathrynS View Post
    No agreement and he does not much of anything. He has said before he would not sleep with anyone else, but I'm considering it. Due to his schedule he pretty much is working or sleeping (even on breaks, he sleeps) so from what he's told me, he's just pretty "down" while away. I'm the one who is crawling up the walls - in particular on weekends, I'm home alone and have the energy to go, but no one to go with...
    Why not ask him if it's okay if you have sex with other men? If you don't, then you're cheating.

There's more to a marriage then sex. Do you work? Maybe you need to find some activities to keep you more active, less likely to sit at home crawling up the walls waiting for him.

Have you told him how you feel? Have you made any effort to fix things between the two of you?

Intimacy is important, but cheating isn't the answer.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 02:13 AM
    So what keeps you with him?

I'm not being provocative, I'm just interested. He's rarely home, you don't have sex - what holds you together?

It sounds as if you're missing more than just the sex.

Bonking someone else because you feel horny won't help the marriage - so, go ahead if the marriage isn't that important and your husband agrees, but if it's important it's time to think creatively with your mind, not your you know what.

Perhaps it's time for him to seriously consider a change of job.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 2, 2010, 07:25 AM

How old are you?
    How long have you been married?
    How long has this working/living arrangement been going on?
    How is sex with your husband when he is home?

I agree that you need to find other outlets for what you are seeing as sexual frustration. I would suggest something that involves your whole body like gardening, exercising, wood working, etc. If you have a dog, training and exercising the animal can be a great outlet. For that matter getting involved in your community can be a great outlet.

As for the sexual release, don't go immediately for the toy. Like with a partner, get your mind into the act. Use your brain to excite your body to the point where the toy is just added fun. When my husband and I have been through periods of being apart, I have written down my fantasies for him. It gets my mind really into thinking about it and gives him some pleasure too.

If it is the non-sexual side of intimacy (such as talking and cuddling) that you are missing, can you connect with him through email, I'm, by phone, etc.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 2, 2010, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KathrynS View Post
    how to deal with horniness when husband is never home?
    Hello K:

Ask your husband to quit his job so you can be satisfied.

excon
    Expert

May 2, 2010, 08:03 AM

excon has a good point, you can work to support the family for now, while he stays home and looks for another job. Is this a option that could work, If his travel is the issue, Does he know this is such a issue for you ?
    stevicus82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 4

May 3, 2010, 03:12 PM

When my wife and I were physically apart(I was in the Army), our relationship survived through the phone, IM. Have you thought of getting webcams for you both, it helps tremendously.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    So what keeps you with him?
    This is a good question.

It ain't fair that he's away most of the time, but still, that's no excuse to cheat, there's never an excuse to cheat. You could at least ask him to change jobs or end the marriage, it's a fair request.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with a disrespectful husband [ 37 Answers ]

My husband is living in Boston, MA. And I am living in Atlanta, GA now for both works. After we have the house issue in May 2009, he didn't call me anymore. Since then it has been 10 months already. Is this he showing me his disrespectful or something else? As my understood, he does not want to...

How to deal with stressed-out husband [ 4 Answers ]

Hi.. my husband has suddenly got a lot of more job responsibilities and his job profile is not appearing to be very clear. This is stressing him out and he doesn't feel like talking to any family members or contributing to any household work and wants to be left alone and probably go out alone....

How do I deal with a control freak husband? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been married 25 years and the control is getting worse. I am not allowed to shop(even for graceries) and when I do but anything I get the third degree and a long lecture. He goes and gets what ever he wants whenever he wants. I am always being accused of wasting the money. Our bills are...

How do I learn to deal with a jealous husband? [ 11 Answers ]

My husband is not mean or nasty, he never berates or belittles me in fact he thinks I am better than what I am! The problem is he has low self esteem and thinks that I could be interested in someone else or that other men want me. This has ruined many good times for us. For example; I was...

How do I deal with my husband having a child with another woman [ 3 Answers ]

How do I deal with my husband having a child with another woman?

View more questions Search