Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhavik_79 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2010, 11:35 PM
    Out of 2000 people surveyed, 1200 belong to urban areas and rest to semi urban areas.
    Out of 2000 people surveyed, 1200 belong to urban areas and rest to semi urban areas. Among 1000 who visited other regions, 800 belonged to urban areas. Test at 5% level of significance whether area and visiting other states are dependent.

Apr 30, 2010, 11:38 PM
    A machine is designed so as to pack 300ml of a solution with a standard deviation of
    A machine is designed so as to pack 300ml of a solution with a standard deviation of 5ml. A sample of 150 bottles when measured had a mean content of 201.3ml. Test whether the machine is functioning properly.(use 5% level of significance)

Apr 30, 2010, 11:39 PM
    From a population known to have a standard deviation of 1.4, a sample of 70 individua
    From a population known to have a standard deviation of 1.4, a sample of 70 individuals is taken. The mean of this sample is found to be 6.2. Find the standard error of the mean. Also establish an interval estimate around the sample mean using one standard deviation of the mean.

Apr 30, 2010, 11:40 PM
    A random sample of 6 sachets of mustard oil was examined and two were found to be lea
    A random sample of 6 sachets of mustard oil was examined and two were found to be leaking. A wholesaler receives seven hundred twenty six packs , each containing 6 sachets. Find the expected number of packets to contain exactly one sachet leaking?

Apr 30, 2010, 11:44 PM
    6. The probability that a football player will play Eden garden is 0.6 and on Ambedka
    The probability that a football player will play Eden garden is 0.6 and on Ambedkar Stadium is 0.4. The probability that he will get knee injury when playing in Eden is 0.07 and that in Ambedkar stadium is 0.04. What is the probability that he would get a knee injury if he played in Eden.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavik_79 View Post
    From a population known to have a standard deviation of 1.4, a sample of 70 individuals is taken. The mean of this sample is found to be 6.2. Find the standard error of the mean. Also establish an interval estimate around the sample mean using one standard deviation of the mean.
    Hi, bhavik_79!

Are you looking for a direct answer to the question, or for someone to come along and teach you how to come up with the correct answer yourself, please?

If the former is true, please click on the following link to read the announcement there.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/math-s...-b-u-font.html

Thanks!
    dreammagic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 03:08 AM
    A machine is designed so as to pack 300ml of a solution with a standard deviation of 5ml. A sample of 150 bottles when measured had a mean content of 201.3ml. Test whether the machine is functioning properly.(use 5% level of significance)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 09:35 AM
    Hi, dreammagic!

This is the thread of someone else. Also, this place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does.

If you want your question to be recognized as being your own, it would be best if you started a new thread rather than piggybacking your question on the thread of someone else.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Urban Legend: PSPhone? [ 6 Answers ]

I've heard with some version of PSP, you can simultaneously use it as a PSP and a phone... free of charge. How do you go along doing this?

Determining Equal Areas of a Semi-Circle [ 4 Answers ]

Here's another circle problem which might interest you. It takes some thought but is not that hard. Perform the following steps: 1. Draw a circle whose radius = 1. 2. Draw a chord of the circle parallel to the X-axis, attempting to divide the semi-circle's area in half.

Urban clothing wholesalers [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where to to purchase wholesale name brand clothing?

How does Psp Networking Online Work in some Areas, and not some Areas? [ 3 Answers ]

Im very curious about how the psp works... Some time I lay in my bed, and wait for the psp internet to reach the access point, and the SSID's name is Anne... I don't know, some one else's wireless or sum thing like that thingie. I go to display connection, and it says 10%, then I move the psp to...

NJ urban backyard - trying to make it an OASIS, please help! [ 2 Answers ]

First off, your help is much appreciated! My wife and I are planning an urban garden of sorts, with flowers, herbs, & veggies if possible... Problem is, it's in an urban setting. And much of the sunlight is blocked. We probably only get about an hours worth of sun in the summer, and virtually...

View more questions Search