Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lshaffey23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 12:43 PM
    ? Best Debt Consolidation Company??
    Good Afternoon!

I am a 31 year old Social Worker, who is struggling to make my credit card payments. I have about 25,000 in debt. Some of it is my college as I was unable to receive any financial assistance. The rest of the debt is just from everyday living. As a social worker I have a very low salary, but have been trying to compensate by bartending part time. I live in Naples, FL which has an extremely high cost of living and I am seeing how it is affecting my finances so am planning to move to a more affordable area.

My credit score is about a 600 right now, I pay almost every month on time, but can rarely make more then the minimum payment and have been late on a few occasions. I want to enquire about debt consolidation, but want to know what is THE BEST company to do it with!

Thanks,
    Lisa
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 3, 2007, 05:35 AM
    The best company is none. Don't use any. It will ruin your credit as if you filed a chapt 13 bankruptcy.. most of them take your money then do little or nothing to help you.

If you insist on using one, cccs is best. Ameridebt is the worse.
    FYNALEFREE Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lshaffey23
    Good Afternoon!

I am a 31 year old Social Worker, who is struggling to make my credit card payments. I have about 25,000 in debt. Some of it is my college as I was unable to recieve any financial assistance. The rest of the debt is just from everyday living. As a social worker I have a very low salary, but have been trying to compensate by bartending part time. I live in Naples, FL which has an extremely high cost of living and I am seeing how it is affecting my finances so am planning to move to a more affordable area.

My credit score is about a 600 right now, I pay almost every month on time, but can rarely make more then the minimum payment and have been late on a few occasions. I want to enquire about debt consolidation, but want to know what is THE BEST company to do it with!

Thanks,
    Lisa
    North american educational services offers settlement in 36 months or less consolidation really does not work well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Debt Consolidation Loan Hurt Credit? [ 5 Answers ]

Does a Debt Consolidation Loan hurt your credit if you close the accounts and pay just a loan to a bank?

Bankruptcy vs Loan Consolidation [ 2 Answers ]

I have a cousin who is 25 years old and wants to file bankruptcy. He has debt but it is around $10,000. He is not a stable kid. He can't keep a steady job and when he does work he doesn't work full time and of course doesn't make very much money. I guess he has talked to loan consolidators...

Consolidation Loan? [ 8 Answers ]

I have three credit cards of about $1000 each. They are at such a high interest rate that it seems like I am caught in their grip. I would like to have one payment that I can pay and see the amount go lower each month. If consolidation is the way to go, where do I find the best source to do...

View more questions Search