Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SweetChick10101 Posts: 38, Reputation: 7

Apr 30, 2010, 07:46 PM
    Why does my best friend lie to me?
    My closest friend and I hang out practically every weekend and have for the past two years. She mainly hangs out with just me, I have other friends I hang out with, but we always spend the most time with each other. Then, recently, this girl I don't even really know who apparently my best friend doesn't like is hanging out with her at her house. She has told me she thinks she's annoying and really does not like her and I never said anything like I didn't like the girl. Then I see on Face Book, which is just a terrible communication place to begin with, my friend says to the girl "Love you, Best Friends Forever!" Now I don't mind she has another friend, but why the heck is she lying to me saying she doesn't like her? It makes her look like a jerk. And my feelings are hurt now. :(
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

May 1, 2010, 08:41 AM

It could be maybe she thought that if she told you that she liked the girl you would get mad. Or maybe get upset. But I think you should talk to her about this. Her lying was wrong but you need to talk to her about why she did it. She may have a good reason she may not. But like I said just sit down and talk to her about the situation. But I hope you feel better. Goodluck.
    Lyingsuns3t Posts: 30, Reputation: 0

Sep 3, 2010, 07:47 AM
    Some reasons she may have done that is to protect you. She may not have wanted you to think she's replacing you or something. I don't really know your friend, So I couldn't say. She could either be protecting you, or something else is going on that she doesn't want you to know about.
    My advice would be to sit down with your friend and explain to her the circumstances and what you have found out on your end. She may or may not tell you what's going on, Depending on how loyal of a friend she is. I'm sorry about your feelings, you may want to express that as well with her.

Good luck and I hope everything goes well!
    ~LS~
    Romanclaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 11:22 AM
    If your best friend lies to u, it means he/she isn't a true friend. Sometimes she does it because she can't handle herself or if your friends with another person it means she's jelous and wants to getrid of your friend by turning u against him/her
    ThatsEmily97 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2012, 02:56 PM
    Same (well ALMOST) thing happened to me. I knoww what your going through and I feel like a *******. I try to take it day by day and see what happens that day. Best of luck hun!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why would she lie? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, 1st time asker here... I am completely perplexed my current situation. Let's begin, I have been married for almost 2 years now with a woman I had dated for 2 years prior. Things are/were great and we have had a very good marriage as far as I can see. The problem is that she is still...

Why would he lie? [ 23 Answers ]

I just caught my husband in a lie. A stupid lie, but I am wondering why on earth he would lie? Does he have something to hide? My husband joined a gym recently referring to it as an All Male PIT gym - which he has been looking to do for a while. We have free membership to my mothers fitness...

Why did he lie to me? [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I broke up with my ex boyfriend and I called and told him that I wanted him back. He was saying the same thing too, that he wanted me back and that he wanted to be with me and that he missed me. We agreed that we would meet and talk things out. I told him that I would call him and tell...

Who would lie? [ 1 Answers ]

I was just thinking recently who would lie to their boyfriend/girlfriend about how they look? It's the question like "does this skirt make my bum look big?" But what if you're boyfriend/girlfriend had a really big problem with how they look? Like say if they had an eating disorder. If your partner...

Why do I lie [ 3 Answers ]

All through my life the people that I love has lied to me. I found a person that I love and that truly loves me and I lie to him about the stupidest things, mainly because I feel that if I tell him the truth he will leave me. How do I stop doing what I was showed and start doing what I know is the...

View more questions Search