Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donald48 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2010, 07:22 PM
    16.5 ic ovh carb keeps leaking out of the bottom little motor on the bottom I think c
    16.5 ic ohv briggs and stration engine ,when I shut it off all the fuel leaks out of the bottom of the carb on the bottom of the carb is a little motor that I think controls the needle valve.Any ideas?Thanks Don
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Apr 30, 2010, 07:53 PM

The thing on the bottom of the carb you are talking about is a fuel solenoid that shuts the gas off going into the engine when the key is turned off. You will need to figure out exactly where the fuel is coming from. If it is coming out of the solenoid then you will either need a solenoid or at least a gasket washer between it and the carb bowl. If its coming from somewhere else then it probably a float needle problem ad you will need to take the carb apart and clean it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaking from bottom of furnace [ 4 Answers ]

Just noticed today that water is coming out of bottom of furnace. Not much but wondered if anyone knows what it could be. Its an older furnace, just regular kind. Water heater is about 1 foot behind the furnace. I've had the a/c running a lot because of hot weather. Could it have anything to...

Fridge leaking water from bottom [ 1 Answers ]

My Mom's Frigidare Electrolux fridge model FRT17G4BW4 is leaking water from the bottom right side. What can we do to fix this? Thanks, Josieac

Furnace water leaking from bottom [ 1 Answers ]

My mom called and thought her hot water heater was broken as there was water all over her basement carpet. A friend went there to help her clean up, and said the water is coming from the bottom of the furnace. It is a natural gas furnace, and the furnace is still working. What is the problem and...

Toilet is leaking from the bottom [ 2 Answers ]

I have a leaky toilet, the water is coming from the bottom of the toilet. I removed the toilet, replaced the wax ring, put the toilet back, and within a day or two it began to leak only when you would flush. One side note it is mounted on top of the tile should it be mounted at floor level? Is this...

A/C leaking and Frost at Line's Top and Bottom [ 5 Answers ]

Noticed last night that hardly any air is coming out of vents, so when I checked unit, I noticed water on the floor. Felt the line and had Frost at top and bottom. Then took out air filter and stuck hand inside and felt a drip. Any suggestions on where to start?

View more questions Search