Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    solutionor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2010, 05:22 PM
    2006 ford escape hybrid how to plug in IPOD
    Have a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid, has radio with Navigation feature, 6 CD changer--what do I need to plug in an Ipod? Newer models have an outlet to plug into, I neeed some add to be able to listen to audio books.?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 08:38 PM

Griffin Technology: iTrip - FM Transmitter with App support
    jharna24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 03:05 AM
    Hello, I'm trying to get a good working iPod interface for a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid with optional Nav system and 6 disk CD changer under the passenger seat. My local stereo shoppe installed an auxiliary interface yesterday, brand name Peripheral, and it worked and sounded great, except as alluded to above, it blanked out the car's Hybrid Motor Function and Miles per Gallon screens on the dash display. So we had that interface removed today.

The dealer is saying the PIE FRDW-PC/POD 2 will definitely not work because it also will strip the Miles per Gallon and Hybrid Motor Function information... yet some people here seem to like the PIE unit.

Can anyone tell me, is this the auxiliary audio input interface to get? Does it work well, charge the iPod, and do all the car's computer/radio/navigation features work as intended?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Escape, 2002 [ 8 Answers ]

I got into my car to go to work, put my vehicle into drive, stepped on the gas, and nothing It felt like I had it on neutral. The R, 2, and 1 work but not the D gear. Can you let me know what is going on. Thnaks:

Ford Escape OD light flashing [ 2 Answers ]

Overdrive Light is flashing Car has 199k miles 2002 Ford Escape

2002 ford escape [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2002 ford escape, the automaic door opener will not open the read hatchback, I have checked the fuses under the hood and everything is OK, is there anythere fusebox that I am not aware of. Also how do you open the read hatchback without the remote.

I have a 2002 Ford Escape with a 3.0L V6 [ 1 Answers ]

My car has been idling really low and seems to hesitate a little when I hit the gas. Most importantly it has been sucking through gas really quick. In the last 3 days I put $130 dollars in for gas. It's not leaking gas underneath and I don't smell gas. Could the mass air flow censor be a...

CD player 2002 Ford Escape [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 02 ford escape an the cds are stuck an won't come out I have know idea what to do does anyone have some ideas?

View more questions Search