Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ibeam Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2010, 11:36 AM
    !5 year old cat will eat but doesn't have bowel movements, abdomen appears swollen.
    What to give a 15 year old cat who eats but doesn't have bowel movements ?
    Abdomen appears a little swollen. He won't drink much water either.
    Have given him a little mineral oil but no results.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 11:46 AM
    Hi, Ibeam!

How long has this been happening, please?

Thanks!
    Ibeam Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2010, 11:52 AM

3 days
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 12:54 PM
    Then it's time to take the cat to the vet as soon as possible! The cat is now old. There could be any number of things going on. Could be a simple problem or a very dangerous one.

Best not to be taking any chances rather than trying to experiment with things at home.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 30, 2010, 01:48 PM

It could be something as simple as a hairball, which can probably be cleared up with medication, or something as dangerous as an intestinal blockage, which could require surgery, or anything in between. You need to take your kitty to the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why hasn't my 2 year old son still not having solid bowel movements yet ? [ 2 Answers ]

My son is two and has never had a bowel movement . He and his 4 year old sister eaat the same things daily and my daughter has had solid poops forever . I am very worried that something could be wrong with him . My doctor has told me he is fine , I am in the process of finding a new doctor because...

Bowel movements [ 5 Answers ]

I never seem to have a good bowel movement, but about every 3-4 weeks. My stomach starts cramping horribly and I have a really large bowel movement that ends in very loose stool. For about a day afterward, I'll have occasional cramping with loose stools. This seems to be some sort of cycle. Any...

Bowel movements [ 1 Answers ]

When I go to the bathroom there is significant amounts of blood in and around my poop and in the toilet. After I go I have severe pain from my anal to my crouch and it last 24 hours

Bowel movements [ 1 Answers ]

Our cat meows loud prior to bowl movement - sometimes there is little blood What would be first step to remedy. Stool appears normal.:confused:

Nursing cat with no bowel movements [ 6 Answers ]

Edit: <Problem solved> My wife and I recently adopted a cat about a week ago, we discovered her in the back of the building that she was working in and discovered that she was very pregnant, so we decided to take her in.  She gave birth a few hours later. Now, I swear I haven't seen this cat...

View more questions Search