Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saw1_welch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2010, 12:09 PM
    Problems with my 2005 F250 6.0
    Lately I have a rash of problems with my truck. First I found out the A/C Compressor failed twice due to the fan cutch. With that the turbo had to be rebuilt. On a trip towing approx 12000lbs the EGR, Oil cooler, and EBV failed. I spoke with the Ford service manager and straight asked if I should consider getting rid of the truck. My issue is I really like the vehicle and the power it provide when it is running correctly. After he reviewed the service history he stated that the truck should be solid and I should have no further issues. In other words the worst is over. My poblem is I have lost confidence in the power train. I really don't want to trade it, esp since it is paid for. Any thoughts?
    MATTHEW. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2012, 06:58 AM
    I have a F-250 2005 when I was driving to work I stop at a light and went take back off it had no power then it put out a lot of white smoke I pulled over and sat for a minute then it was fine stared to drive then I smelled coolent

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 F250 Diesel - no reaction when hitting the accelerator, loaded up [ 2 Answers ]

It runs down the road fine, and if you let off the gas to stop or slow down, when you go to move again it doesn't do anything so I floor it and a couple seconds later it just takes off and blows a ton of black smoke (it is chipped but never blew smoke before) any experts with answers? Thanks

2005 ford f250 starting problems [ 3 Answers ]

We thought the battery was dead and charged it up and tried to start it and it would not start. It is a 2005 F250 Diesel. It has Glow Plugs that would tick when the key turned over. We changed the fuel filters, Glow Plug box, and the ignition. None of these worked. Any ideas?

Ford f250 diesel problems [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a 2006 ford f250 6.0 turbo diesel. Runs great but recently won't start. I changed the filters and they were nasty, they were past due. I think the rale pump has gone bad not sure, I seem to keep loseing pressure from the top. Or should I say the fuel leaks down. Could poor...

Ford f250 problems [ 2 Answers ]

Why would the rear diferential grind and jump when turning under heavy four wheel drive load, but run smooth under all other conditions? 1995 f250 power stroke.

View more questions Search