Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauna1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2010, 11:48 AM
    Are there any type snake that puts hole in yard?
    I have deep holes about 1 to 2 inches wide. No soil around hole. I live in South East Tx. What can be making these holes. I know it's not moles.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 11:52 AM

Gophers?
    The snake holes I've seen have dirt around them. Do you neighbors have the same holes?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 05:02 PM

Skunks and raccoons will make holes as well. Even squirrels.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Skunks and raccoons will make holes as well. Even squirrels.
    I didn't know that:eek: I thought they just burrowed and messed up my garden and ate my fish and smelled:)
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 05:09 PM

Lol. You I have those free standing bird feeders. Well I woke up the other morning and my feeder was bent in half. I have all these holes in my yard, I guess they were looking for grubs or worms. But the holes are deep.

I set up some traps (humane, live traps) and caught a skunk and a raccoon.

Don't worry I released them up in the mountains.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2010, 12:58 AM

From my understanding, snakes don't dig holes. However, you're in Texas, which means you COULD have a Mexican Burrowing snake. Those snakes are common in Mexico itself heading down in to Costa Rica.

But typically, small rodents will make holes, and snakes will go in after them, creating the small hole. They don't dig it, they push through until their hole caves into the rodents hole.

That's just what I'm guessing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In the scene a girl buries her dad in his yard because of some dieses or zombie type [ 4 Answers ]

The town is like going under some zombie dieseas Its an old movie from the 80s or early 90s I don't remember much from it just that part

Oil Type for new Yard Tractor [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of oil do we use for our new Craftsman YT3000 Yard Tractor?

How to I fill a hole in my yard? [ 2 Answers ]

The previous owners of my house started building a pool. However they never completed it and now I am sitting with the hole in my yard. :( Luckly it is not that deep. :) I think filling it with sand will do, but I don't know what kind of sand will do or if that is the right thing to...

Snake in the yard [ 2 Answers ]

I found a snake in my yard in Maine, it is white with black diamond patterns on it's back, what type of snake is it? :confused:

Proper way to fill in hole in back yard [ 2 Answers ]

In Rear corner of backyard there is a 2 foot wide by 3 foot deep hole. This is probably caused by drainage to the lowest part of the yard as it slopes that way. What is a good temporary fix until next spring or later? What kind of kind of fill is appropriate and how should it be ...

View more questions Search