Ask
    Scotty13 Posts: 120, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2010, 11:09 AM
    How to make an index.html page to...
    Connect with my header file?

Scotty13
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 20, 2010, 12:04 PM

Generally, a server that allows execution of PHP scripts will let you use index.php as an index file, isntead of index.html. It goes in order of preference though... and usually index.html is listed above index.php, so if you have both, index.html will be displayed.

Unless your server executes .html as a php file (which most don't... ) you will need to either 1) use a PHP file like described above as an index, or 2) use a header tag in the html file to redirect it to the php file.

Either way, once you have the user viewing the PHP file, you can just use the include() function in PHP to display another script as your header.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Create Index by wrapping columns (multi page) [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to create a 'book' for karaoke. I have a program that will allow me to read file names into Excel. The file names contain two columns: one for song title, and one for artist. The problem is that it will be close to 70 pages (10pts). If I could convert with wrap or something to...

I need code for HTML page [ 5 Answers ]

I am totally lost! I have created a web page with links and all are working well accept now I have to make it show up in opera browsers tabs. I was told to do it from the head of the html page to link to opera using <link href="b9home.htm" rel="home" />. I have downloaded opera 9.6 and can view the...

Flash does not work on my index page [ 4 Answers ]

I have been designing a website using dreamweaver which incorporates flash. When I view the site in preview everything works perfectly. I have uploaded to the server and the flash works perfectly on some pages but not on the index page where it doesn't show at all. I have tried changing...

Home page --> res://qsryz.dll/index.html#37049 [ 4 Answers ]

I downloaded Spybot and got rid of various spy stuff. I had the DSO Exploit thingy and fixed it according to alicka. However, my original problem exists:  My home page gets reset to res://qsryz.dll/index.html#37049 every time I leave the internet.   What is this and how do I get rid of it?...

View more questions Search