Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwb2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2010, 09:10 AM
    AC starts a cycle stops and loud noise starts from inside Air Handler.
    The central a/c unit worked fine all day and in the evening started a new cycle stopped after about 30 seconds and started making a loud noise inside the air handler for around 90 seconds and tried to start a new cycle without success. I turned the unit off overnight and back on the following morning worked fine all day and again the following evening repeated the same actions. It's been going on for about 2 weeks, the coils and blower motor were cleaned around the same time frame, the unit has been rechecked and all appears to be installed and wired correctly also the run capitor was changed out work fine for about 5 days and started again. Thanks for any feedback.The central a/c unit worked fine all day and in the evening started a new cycle stopped after about 30 seconds and started making a loud noise inside the air handler for around 90 seconds and tried to start a new cycle without success. I turned the unit off overnight and back on the following morning worked fine all day and again the following evening repeated the same actions. It's been going on for about 2 weeks, the coils and blower motor were cleaned around the same time frame, the unit has been rechecked and all appears to be installed and wired correctly also the run capacitor was changed out work fine for about 5 days and started again. Thanks for any feedback.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 10:28 AM

Sounds like you may need a new blower motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Starts, Stops, then Starts again. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello. I have a furnace that I can hear the following steps: 1. thermostat clicks to turn on furnace 2. the furnace immediately turns on the exhaust fan 3. then I hear a click, and the burner is burning, but only for 5 seconds or so and stops. 4. then another click, and another, etc. 5. the...

My Blower inside my Air Handler is making a loud noise [ 4 Answers ]

About a week or 2 ago when my ac would shut off you could hear the blower wheel kind of slow down(squeeking) then last night it got real loud it sounds like a car sputtering and its real loud... im just wonder what could be causing this and is it easy to fix.. Thanks

Lawnmower starts, then stops [ 1 Answers ]

Bolen lawnmower, briggs stratton engine. The lawnmower will start on first pull, but only runs a minute or less, then stops. It will not restart for about 30 minutes, and yes the air filter is clean. Any suggestions?

Starts but stops quickly [ 1 Answers ]

My propane furnace will not light. The fan runs but the gas will not ignite unless I physically close an electronic switch. If I close the switch in a few seconds the gas ignites but most times it doesn't continue to burn. It is a Heil Furnace and it is about twelve years old. If I shut the...

Blower/Air Handler motor noise. Loud humming. [ 2 Answers ]

We have ~ 1991 Carrier 58sx high efficiency condensing furnace and central AC. Now the air handler is making a loud humming/vibration noise when the fan kicks in (the blower motor for the air handler makes the noise, not the gas furnace/exhaust blower). The serious electrical humm is loudest when...

View more questions Search